Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Individual covers for "child titles" from a box set? Options · View
thornhill70
Posted: Wednesday, April 7, 2021 10:29:02 PM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (0)
I looked in the forum but could not find an answer, so I am asking here.

I am wondering if there is a way to display individual covers for the child titles from a box set, rather than the container cover?
I believe there may be, as I have a box set that does exactly this. I have the Alfred Hitchcock Collection and it includes three films.
When I display it in an "un-nested" fashion, while choosing to display the container, it shows the container and then the three titles each with individual covers, not the box set container cover.

So my question is whether there is a way to do this for all or any other box sets? Does it depend on the set?

I also have the Alfred Hitchcock Masterpiece Collection, that one comes in a digibook type case, so the titles all display with the container cover.
I know all the titles included have been released individually as well. Is there a way to display the individual titles, but keep them as part of the box set?

I hope these questions make sense, but more importantly I hope there is a solution. Laughing

andycob
Posted: Wednesday, April 7, 2021 11:16:54 PM

Groups: Administration , Member, Moderator

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (137178)
For you to see child items the box set has to have been created and contributed in full already and added in full to your collection. It also needs to be a set that actually has individual covers, many box set items don't have individually cased items so repeat the main case cover which is what they should do by the rules. You may NOT replace those with invalid covers from other versions/items on the webservice. Technically you could change the covers locally on an individual device (such local changes will not sync to other devices) but you could not contribute that change ever and would have to remember always to not accidentally contribute any such invalid changes in the future so it is not recommended.
thornhill70
Posted: Wednesday, April 14, 2021 3:14:20 AM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (0)
Thanks. It dawned on me almost immediately after posting that some box sets don’t have individual titles, as you mentioned. Hence, why there is no way to display them individually, and with their respective covers rather than the box set cover. I do appreciate your answer though.