Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Windows 10 Firewall settings Options · View
rporetti
Posted: Saturday, October 9, 2021 8:04:32 PM

Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2619)
I recently updated a 2008 SERVER OS to Windows 10 and my clients are no longer connecting to the database. Turning off the Firewall (as a test) solvers the problem; so its seems obvious that the issue lies here. Not sure why a brand new installation of MM 5.40 could not automatically sort this out; but here we are.

I searched on this site - including the forum; all references are to Windows 7! (Interesting since there has been lots of discussion about lack of support from MS; but none of the screen shots have been updated to the most widely used OS: Windows 10.)

Can someone advise?

I really do not want to run my server without a firewall.

Rob

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Server: Windows Server 2008 - Client 1: Windows 7 64 - Home Premium - Client 2: Windows 7 64 - Professional - Client 3: Windows 7 64 - Home Premium
binnerup
Posted: Sunday, October 10, 2021 4:07:03 PM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (155522)
rporetti
Posted: Sunday, October 10, 2021 6:46:20 PM

Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2619)
Yes to both... and there are numerous My Movies components that have the Defender Firewall Settings set to the "private" profile - for any user and any computer.

However, my Windows 7 clients (also running 5.40) will not connect unless I turn the firewall off at the server. (The Windows 7 machines have not changed. I only changed my server to Windows 10.) All three Win 7 clients stopped working because they cannot connect to the database.

This is a brand new, clean Windows 10 Professional installation.

Rob

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Server: Windows Server 2008 - Client 1: Windows 7 64 - Home Premium - Client 2: Windows 7 64 - Professional - Client 3: Windows 7 64 - Home Premium
binnerup
Posted: Wednesday, October 13, 2021 10:00:46 AM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (155522)