Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

the App crashes every time I leave it. Options · View
jekyl
Posted: Wednesday, May 18, 2022 9:41:06 PM

Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (76698)
I wrote this in the previous thread about the backdrops, but I wasn't getting any response, so I figured I should give it it's own thread, see if I have better luck. I've tried sending crash reports a bunch of times, but I get no kind of response.

If the app is running in the background, It will crash every time I come back to it. And it still also crashes every time I try to add backdrops now.
binnerup
Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2022 8:28:52 AM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (156987)
jekyl
Posted: Thursday, May 26, 2022 12:28:12 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (76698)
I did the update and gave it a few days of use to see if it would solve the issue, but this issue still persists.
binnerup
Posted: Thursday, May 26, 2022 9:17:35 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (156987)
binnerup
Posted: Monday, June 6, 2022 10:27:27 AM

Our team is having SO much issue with locating this.

I am throwing in some information to perhaps hope you can pinpoint us in a direction.

- There are reports of this TransactionTooLarge exception from 5-10 users.

- The users are all of them on Samsung devices.

- All Samsung devices are 900'series.

- The exception comes when putting the app in background, when attempting to save the application state.

The last information is what is interesting - we have not, no matter what we did been able to get a such big info on stored settings that it gets even near the maximum KB, but question is - what customisations do you have on your app install?

Could it be an option to get you to install the free version of the app, and determine if you get the same crash? The code is the same, but it would indicate if this is indeed amount of app customisations, or something specific to the Samsung firmware.

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows
jekyl
Posted: Thursday, June 9, 2022 1:05:25 AM

I'm not exactly sure what most of that means to be honest... lol

I came to give an update that it seems to be crashing even more frequently since the update a couple days ago. For the same reasons though. It's just a lot more likely to crash any time I leave the app and come back to it.

I'm willing to help however I can though. Are you saying you want me to uninstall and install the demo version of the app, and not make any changes to settings? And see if it is still crashing?
binnerup
Posted: Thursday, June 9, 2022 9:59:06 AM

jekyl
Posted: Saturday, June 11, 2022 10:14:43 PM

Okay, I updated and have been playing with it as much as possible today and yesterday, leaving it open in the background the whole time. And the issue seems to be fixed. It hasn't crashed yet!

Awesome. Thanks guys.
binnerup
Posted: Monday, June 13, 2022 9:16:27 AM