Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Why doesn't my app always fully update every title? Options · View
jekyl
Posted: Thursday, June 16, 2022 9:38:37 PM

Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (75276)
Hi guys, this has been an issue for a while now, but I figured I'll ask now, since it seems to be happening more and it's starting to annoy me.

So sometimes my app will not update profiles that I have fixed and uploaded to the server. I know the changes have gone through, because if I delete the title and re-add it, it will be added to my library with all the updated data and covers. Or if I uninstall the app and reinstall it, it will have the updated versions. But no matter how many times I update and synchronize from the server, these titles will not update on their own, without having to go to the two aforementioned extremes.

The profiles this affects are totally at random, and usually it's just the covers that won't be updated, but it's starting to happen more and more frequently. Like for example, I added 16 profiles last night, and updated pretty much all of them, but 5 of them refuse to update in the app.

Here's a couple screenshots of what I mean.

File Attachment(s):
Screenshot_20220616-140604_My Movies Pro.jpg (871kb) downloaded 7 time(s).
Screenshot_20220616-140636_My Movies Pro.jpg (815kb) downloaded 3 time(s).

jekyl
Posted: Sunday, June 19, 2022 3:02:26 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (75276)
Also, for further clarification, this is only an issue on My Movies 3 Pro. When I test it out on My Movies 2 Pro I do not have this issue on that version of the app
binnerup
Posted: Monday, June 20, 2022 9:45:24 AM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (156848)
jekyl
Posted: Monday, June 20, 2022 2:18:54 PM

Okay, just sent it. It wouldn't allow me to send it straight from the app, as it exceeded the 25mb cap on gmails. So I uploaded it to Drive and sent that to you.
robc
Posted: Sunday, June 26, 2022 8:21:07 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (7951)
Hi jekyl

I've noticed the same thing. I'll update movie title info for a few movies and not all the updates get picked up by the app. As you found, the only way to get the updated info into the app for those titles is to delete and re-add the titles.

My most recent example was the movie "Knowing" (barcode 774212902987). I added the English description and the region code.
The updated description was picked up during the next sync, but not the updated region code.
If I try to add the region code from the app, it says something along the lines of ...the data you added already exists..
bladerunner2049
Posted: Tuesday, June 28, 2022 5:49:41 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (4603)
I've noticed the same issue occur on my app. I recently added cover art and title details for VIOLENT CITY and the cover art would not update on my app. I had to delete and re-add this title which fixed the issue.
binnerup
Posted: Wednesday, June 29, 2022 10:38:19 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (156848)
Hi guys,

We have had a look into this, and there is a new release on the Play Store now.

There are not as such any issues we could find in updating of profiles, but there were a problem we noticed and corrected.

The app have two ways of checking synchronization - one is a date stamp referring to your user account - it gets updated only when titles are added or removed from your own collection - the other check is a full check where the app queries all titles and their dates, which is the only check which updates profiles.

To not hammer the server, the quick check is used in general, and only with a certain interval in hours the full check is done.

It was supposed to be so that if you manually click synchronize on the settings page, it would do the full check, which it did not.

So, we expect that this issue is very likely to be a situation where your app simply did not make the full check for updates.

Can you update the app in the Play Store and confirm if you can still reproduce this?

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows
robc
Posted: Wednesday, June 29, 2022 10:39:06 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (7951)
Thanks for the getting the update out so quickly!
I'll update the app as soon as it's available and let you know what happens.

Thanks
jekyl
Posted: Thursday, June 30, 2022 12:19:38 AM

I just updated the app, and resynchronized, and it seems to be still behaving in the same way.
binnerup
Posted: Friday, July 1, 2022 3:02:23 PM