Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Box set cannot be contributed, because other user has added datas. Options · View
briamacg
Posted: Monday, July 4, 2022 5:11:50 PM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (14036)
Hello,

I tried to add a box set. After contributing, I got this message:

I already have the newest version of MyMovies on my iMac. So how can I add the new data?
binnerup
Posted: Tuesday, July 5, 2022 9:05:30 AM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (156987)
This is because another user contributed info on which movies a title contains from the Windows software or the iOS software which has this option - you unfortunately cannot contribute to this profile from the Mac in its current version.

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows
briamacg
Posted: Wednesday, July 6, 2022 5:30:52 PM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (14036)
How disappointing. I worked on this for more than an hour, because it was a 6-discs-Set of SAW. And at the end it was all for nothing. I added all the data, which was missing. Why isn't there an opportunity to add these information? Why can't I see what the other user has added?
binnerup
Posted: Thursday, July 7, 2022 8:59:57 AM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (156987)
This is because it is newer functionality than what the Mac OS X app has currently - if you were allowed to do this, you would be removing the data because the client does not know of it.

I can understand the frustration on this, and we will consider if perhaps we should allow to use the report incorrect data function to request a moderator to remove the movie listings, similar to how an imdb id can be reset by doing this.

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows