Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

MM 5.41 with WS2012R2E problems Options · View
cge
Posted: Wednesday, April 6, 2022 7:45:12 PM
Groups: Member , Windows Home Server

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (9721)
binnerup wrote:
cge wrote:
Hi Brian,

I've the same issue, log file attached
Windows Server 2019 with Essential

Christophe

Nothing in this log reveals anything, except that there is a backup restore in progress...

Hi Brian,

Are you sure that there is nothing else in this log ?
For example I can see that the database upgrade process is starting at 2022-04-04 20:35:29

Since it wasn't working properly I've downgraded My Movies to V5.40 (Around 2022-04-04 20:35:29 in log) then I restored DB

Regards
Christophe
erik_n
Posted: Wednesday, April 6, 2022 7:52:21 PM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (14692)
I have just sent a log file via e-mail. I think it covers the time for when I installed 5.41PR3, removed it and installed 5.40 again.

I hope it can help to solve this issue.

My home theather
My movies
alamaric
Posted: Sunday, April 10, 2022 8:17:30 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (39313)
Okay just updated to 5.41 release 3. ITS TERRIBLE.

I usually never post so here is some constructive feedback from a person who has about 35,000 points.

pros:
1. the right click works and does not take forever. (I saw that was in the change log.

cons
1. After a save the selection still jumps to the top. In the previous release 5.31 this never happened as is super annoying. You add something or change something in an entry, save it and the selection goes to the top. Terrible, it should remain where it is.

2. THIS IS A BIG ONE AND NEGATES ME FROM UPGRADING. Windows Media Center, every time I try to access the DB and play a disk, it can not find the myMovies Strip. Errors out. Had to revert becasue I choose to use your program becasue it integrates with Window MC to play iso files.

There are probably others but those two are the ones that caught my eye before I had to remove MyMovies 5.41 and reinstall 5.40 to get things to work. Honestly guys, I know you want to release things with new features to remain "relevant" but honestly as a person who has been using your service since MyMovies 3, I would just appreciate you taking the time to carefully remove the existing bugs and have a solid product rather than adding anything new. People like me will understand if you take the time to create something to be proud of rather than slapping something quick out so you can say people "upgraded". My two cents worth.
alamaric
Posted: Sunday, April 10, 2022 8:17:49 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (39313)
Okay just updated to 5.41 release 3. ITS TERRIBLE.

I usually never post so here is some constructive feedback from a person who has about 35,000 points.

pros:
1. the right click works and does not take forever. (I saw that was in the change log.

cons
1. After a save the selection still jumps to the top. In the previous release 5.31 this never happened as is super annoying. You add something or change something in an entry, save it and the selection goes to the top. Terrible, it should remain where it is.

2. THIS IS A BIG ONE AND NEGATES ME FROM UPGRADING. Windows Media Center, every time I try to access the DB and play a disk, it can not find the myMovies Strip. Errors out. Had to revert becasue I choose to use your program becasue it integrates with Window MC to play iso files.

There are probably others but those two are the ones that caught my eye before I had to remove MyMovies 5.41 and reinstall 5.40 to get things to work. Honestly guys, I know you want to release things with new features to remain "relevant" but honestly as a person who has been using your service since MyMovies 3, I would just appreciate you taking the time to carefully remove the existing bugs and have a solid product rather than adding anything new. People like me will understand if you take the time to create something to be proud of rather than slapping something quick out so you can say people "upgraded". My two cents worth.
binnerup
Posted: Tuesday, April 12, 2022 9:31:34 AM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (156987)
erik_n
Posted: Tuesday, July 5, 2022 9:55:10 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (14692)
Brian: I just saw that you have released 5.41 PR4. Does it include any changes related to the issues discussed in this thread? Is it worth trying to install on my server?

My home theather
My movies
binnerup
Posted: Wednesday, July 6, 2022 3:44:12 PM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (156987)
erik_n wrote:
Brian: I just saw that you have released 5.41 PR4. Does it include any changes related to the issues discussed in this thread? Is it worth trying to install on my server?

It does not, no - we cannot get a fresh install on Windows Server 2019 with the essentials role to test on - it fails installing the essential role in a virtual machine.

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows
erik_n
Posted: Wednesday, July 6, 2022 5:39:25 PM

OK, thanks for the reply! Just wanted to know before I try again. Keep up the good work and good luck with solving this later!

My home theather
My movies