Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

How do I switch a child title from offline to online Options · View
briamacg
Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2022 1:28:46 PM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (14036)
Hey :)

I made a DVD title to a box set by creating the two movies of the box as child titles. The parent title was added and I also got the mail, that it was added to the online service. So that seems okay. But the two child titles still habe the offline item and cannot be found on other devices. How can I switch them from offline to online? I thought that this would change automatically after contributing the parent title.

Thanks!
jekyl
Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2022 5:29:31 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (76698)
When contributing the parent title a pop up asks you if you want to contribute as box set, click on this for it to add the child titles as well. There's a good chance you didn't even contribute the child titles, only the parent.
briamacg
Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2022 9:43:10 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (14036)
But I have already contributed the parent title. Can I do that again? And how do I do that?
jekyl
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2022 3:24:44 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (76698)
Just make sure the title is refreshed and updated and then just click on contribute title data and cover on the parent title again, like you did the first time. Only this time when the box pops up asking if you want to contribute it as a single title or box set, select box set. and it should then start the uploading process of the child titles.

If you're getting errors after that, you might have done something wrong in the initial upload, and a wire is crossed somewhere. In that case, I would just delete the two personal "offline" child titles and recreate them from scratch again, by clicking on the parent and hitting "Create Box Set" and once they're made follow the steps listed above.

To answer your question yes, you can contribute the parent again. As long as you click on contribute as box set, it will only upload the child titles connected to it.
briamacg
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2022 2:47:35 PM

I did what you describes, but the "new" child title could not be added, because the old child title I deleted, was still in the database. However, I wrote a message, maybe they can fix this. I would add screenshots for a better understanding, but I don't know how.
briamacg
Posted: Wednesday, June 29, 2022 2:53:48 PM

Is there anybody with other suggestions? I tried a lot of things, but all the child titles from all my contributions (I added about 10 box sets in the last week) are still offline. The box sets got accepted, but the child titles are still offline and so I cannot get them on my other devices. Just on my iMac, where I created them.
andycob
Posted: Thursday, June 30, 2022 12:11:10 AM

Groups: Administration , Member, Moderator

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (139131)
There are no box set contributions from you pending approval that means either your contributions have already been accepted or declined or you didn't submit the full box sets. Check your emails, spam filters, web mail etc. you would have got a response for a decline.

Note there is a difference between contributing the parent item and the full box set. You may have submitted only the parent items but you need to contribute the full box set for the child items to be added to the database.
briamacg
Posted: Sunday, July 3, 2022 3:07:27 PM

All my box title contributions were accepted.

For example, this title was accepted as a box title:

But the 3 child titles are still offline. You can see that there is the symbol of a crossed out computer:

What do I have to do to get them online, so that I can see them on other devices? I followed all your tips, uploaded the title several times, but the result is always the same.
I've uploaded over 10 box sets by now, but the child titles always stay offline.
binnerup
Posted: Monday, July 4, 2022 9:45:57 AM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (156987)
briamacg
Posted: Monday, July 4, 2022 5:06:59 PM

Okay. Do you need any more information or will you tell my if you found out what happened?
binnerup
Posted: Tuesday, July 5, 2022 9:06:03 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (156987)
briamacg
Posted: Wednesday, July 6, 2022 6:12:32 PM

If you mean that I show you step by step how I contribute a box set by "if you can reproduce it", than here we go:

Today I wanted to Add the following box set:

First I added the first child title:

Than the second child title:

After that I added the two child titles as box set titles in the parent title:

Here you can see that the child titles were added:

After that I clicked on "Contributing the parent title. In the first window I had to chose if I want to add it as a box set or a single title. I, of course, chosed "Box set":

Then I had to chose what I want to add. I wanted to add the covers and information:

The contribution has worked. Now you have to confirm it:

This is how the 3 titles look like at the moment:

The child titles:

The parent title:

Was that the right process?

Sorry, if the pics are not okay, because they are too big. It's the first time I work with pics in a forum.

binnerup
Posted: Thursday, July 7, 2022 9:01:27 AM

briamacg
Posted: Friday, July 8, 2022 12:24:10 PM

Yes, because you did not accept the box set. But in the moment you do, they all switch to offline. This is the problem I had with all other box sets I have added and which you have accepted.

For example:

Or these:

And there are plenty more examples. You have already accepted the box set, but the child titles all switch to offline....
binnerup
Posted: Saturday, July 9, 2022 10:54:08 AM

briamacg
Posted: Sunday, July 10, 2022 10:09:07 PM

The two child titles are offline now:

The parent title is online:

binnerup
Posted: Monday, July 11, 2022 8:04:43 AM

Ok, indeed, something is off here - it is a bit of a problem, as the team is currently working on some other things, which means that we are not developing on the Mac app currently.

I will initially see if I can reproduce it.

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows
johnnyicemaker
Posted: Monday, July 11, 2022 11:20:06 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (71594)
Once the box set is accepted, maybe try deleting the parent and child titles from your collection and then re-add them? Do this by adding the Parent title, and allow the software inherit/import the child titles (as mentioned above) while adding. This has worked for several other strange behaviors of box sets in the past. Just a suggestion, not a solution, and I am not a programmer., just a user..
briamacg
Posted: Tuesday, July 12, 2022 11:08:04 AM

Yes, thank you. It worked. I deleted the parent title and the child titles and then I added them again. Now they are not offline anymore.This is quite laborious, but acceptable as a short-term solution.
johnnyicemaker
Posted: Thursday, July 14, 2022 8:17:30 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (71594)
Glad to hear that worked for you. Box sets have always been a bit tricky on the various versions of apps etc. I once had to re-add all my box sets, as the child titles somehow got messed up. I have over 200 box sets so talk about laborious...