Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

iOS/Android App with only read access Options · View
hfuhruhurrr
Posted: Friday, July 22, 2022 1:41:49 PM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (367)
Hello Admins,

I'm using MM for Mac and iOS, with much delight. The collection I'm curating is for a school, so I was wondering, if there is any way or any plan to make it possible for someone (in that case the students) to log in with his smartphone app to browse the collection WITHOUT being able to change or edit anything. There is of course the possibility to publish an internet page with the info via MM for Mac, but the page only works to satisfaction on a desktop or laptop screen, it's inadequate for smartphones or even for tablets, also there are not many search and filter options. The iOS app on the other hand is easy to handle and offers all the options... but of course, everything's editable.

I understand it's a bit tricky, but maybe one could solve the problem with an extra read-only login and pass access.

Thank you for considering the issue, I'm sure some more MM fans would like to use such a feature in schools, movie clubs, libraries and the like.
binnerup
Posted: Friday, July 22, 2022 7:26:15 PM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (156987)