Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Why doesn't my app always fully update every title? Options · View
binnerup
Posted: Thursday, July 28, 2022 8:18:28 AM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (156987)
Thanks - so, this is specific to the covers, there are no examples of it being data?

Can you let me know if your covers went into moderation queue, or if they were directly confirmed?

And, did you contribute only the covers, or both covers and data at the same time?

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows
jekyl
Posted: Thursday, July 28, 2022 4:35:25 PM

Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (76698)
For me it's mostly the covers. Other random pieces of info don't update either, but it's different for every title. Usually it's also the "edition" info (Like Out-of-Towners). Or the connected movie/TV series profiles.

I don't currently have any covers in queue for moderation. They've all been approved. And like I said, if I delete them from the collection and re-add them from the webservice they will download with the updated info.

Further, when I sync any of them on My Movies 2 everything updates properly.
binnerup
Posted: Thursday, July 28, 2022 4:54:49 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (156987)
jekyl wrote:
For me it's mostly the covers. Other random pieces of info don't update either, but it's different for every title. Usually it's also the "edition" info (Like Out-of-Towners). Or the connected movie/TV series profiles.

I don't currently have any covers in queue for moderation. They've all been approved. And like I said, if I delete them from the collection and re-add them from the webservice they will download with the updated info.

Further, when I sync any of them on My Movies 2 everything updates properly.

The word mostly is what is difficult to work with, because if you are not sure, it is problematic to reproduce it.

It does not matter if they are in moderation queue currently or not - I need to know if when you have the issue, if it was titles that WAS put into moderation queue, and also if you contributed both data and covers at the same time?

I am sorry, but we are chasing a ghost here, and then we need to be extremely specific.

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

jekyl
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2022 3:30:56 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (76698)
All three of the titles I listed above I contributed both the covers and info for them at the same time. None of those three were put into moderation queue. All three of them will not update the covers or the edition type. Except for on My Movies 2 or Unless I delete them a re-add them.

This happens to numerous titles. Would you like me to actually go through and start listing all the titles that are not updating in My Movies 3? Only some of the info is getting updated on them.

The only time I'm usually put into moderation queue is when I add box sets or child titles to a box set. Because when I fill out profiles I complete them and add accurate info, so they rarely go into moderation queue anymore.
binnerup
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2022 8:49:07 AM

jekyl
Posted: Saturday, July 30, 2022 1:18:49 AM

Okay. I just resent the database to the support email
binnerup
Posted: Saturday, July 30, 2022 8:04:30 AM

jekyl
Posted: Sunday, July 31, 2022 6:13:32 AM

Okay, just an update. I just had a huge update of the whole collection. It forced me to sync around 8000 profiles. After it was finished it looks like it finally updated everything properly.

Some profiles are still not updating "edition" type, but that's a pretty insignificant thing to not update.

I'm not sure it's going to update properly going forward, and I won't know until next week when I update some profiles, but it seems to have worked this time.
jekyl
Posted: Monday, August 8, 2022 4:00:32 AM

Okay so further update. Now that i have had time to get home and update a bunch of titles on the server, it seems like the problem persists.

After the big sync a week ago (which updated everything properly) I now have uploaded the covers and info for 13 titles, and none of them are updating the covers. Again, these all update properly on My Movies 2, and if I delete and re-add them, but they will not update through syncing on My Movies 3.
binnerup
Posted: Tuesday, August 9, 2022 10:09:18 AM

binnerup
Posted: Tuesday, August 9, 2022 2:18:32 PM

jekyl
Posted: Wednesday, August 10, 2022 8:52:50 PM

Okay, updated and resynchronized. It's still behaving the same way. the covers and a couple other details are not updating.
binnerup
Posted: Wednesday, August 10, 2022 9:31:31 PM

jekyl
Posted: Thursday, August 11, 2022 5:11:41 AM

Seriously...

I wish I could help more.
deprongmori
Posted: Thursday, August 11, 2022 6:40:21 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (49748)
[Deleted the content. There seems to be no way to delete the post]
binnerup
Posted: Thursday, August 11, 2022 6:42:28 PM

deprongmori wrote:
binnerup wrote:
The update should be out now - please update if you are still seeing issues.

The Downloads page is still only showing the July 3 build. Is the newer build still available?

This is on Android, and not on Windows.

binnerup
Posted: Thursday, August 11, 2022 6:59:20 PM

Just to be sure that this is not due to already wrong set date stamps, can you log out and log back in to force the complete re-sync again, then se if it comes back?

And if, then I need to know if it is only covers or also data, and if data, which fields.

We did find some fields that were not correctly handled.

jekyl
Posted: Friday, August 12, 2022 12:10:49 AM

Okay, I logged out and logged back in, which deleted and resynched the entire collection. That worked and updated everything properly, but I assumed doing that would anyway, as essentially it's just deleting everything and readding it all, which was the only way to get everything to sync properly to begin with.

I won't be able to tell if this actually resolved the issue until I get some more titles that have to be completed or fixed in the system...