Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Can't Use My Movies When Internet Is Down Options · View
keylonta
Posted: Thursday, September 15, 2022 9:51:40 AM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2722)
Hi,

1. Whenever the internet goes down I am unable to watch movies in My Movie WMC. How do I fix this?

2. How do I use My Movies WMC as just a UI for my local content and not have my account synced online. I would like to be able to use My Moves like the WMC movie library without having my movie collection existing online as well. Is that possible?

3. Do any of the earlier legacy versions of My movies work like the WMC movie library without syncing the movie collection online?

Cheers.
binnerup
Posted: Thursday, September 15, 2022 9:56:28 AM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (157042)
So, we are no longer developing on the Windows Media Center parts, also not for bug fixes - this means that although it is not intended that something locks up when the internet is not working, it is not something that is going to be fixed.

1. Sounds like a bug, won't be fixed.

2. You do not - this is a requirement.

3. They are no longer allowed to use the service, and therefore cannot be used.

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows
pauven
Posted: Sunday, September 18, 2022 6:40:26 PM

Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (3485)
Hey keylonta, CMC may address your main issues with WMC. CMC is a WMC style replacement front-end for your My Movies collection. You still use My Movies Collection Management with CMC, so CMC only replaces WMC.

keylonta wrote:
1. Whenever the internet goes down I am unable to watch movies in My Movie WMC. How do I fix this?
CMC works when your internet connection is down, and except for optional application updates, it does not require an internet connection at all. Depending upon which media player you use, some (like PowerDVD) require an internet connection for periodic updates. But players like MPC don't seem to have this requirement. CMC supports about 9 different players, so you can choose your favorite that meets your requirements. CMC also buffers your My Movies data, allowing it to work even when your My Movies PC is offline.

keylonta wrote:
2. How do I use My Movies WMC as just a UI for my local content and not have my account synced online. I would like to be able to use My Moves like the WMC movie library without having my movie collection existing online as well. Is that possible?
CMC doesn't change this, since it works on top of your My Movies 5.x data, which requires an internet connection and account sync as Brian described above. Alternatively, CMC does have multiple operating modes, one of which is reading My Movies metadata directly from your media folders. You still need My Movies to create this data, but then you can configure CMC to read this data by scanning your local content folders. This is a legacy mode which I normally don't recommend, the modern My Movies API approach is much nicer, but it might accomplish one of your goals.

keylonta wrote:
3. Do any of the earlier legacy versions of My movies work like the WMC movie library without syncing the movie collection online?
CMC also only works with My Movies 5.x, and works best with 5.4 for all the latest and greatest features.

Link in my signature below.

-Paul

Chameleon MediaCenter (CMC) v5.0 - A FREE WMC replacement GUI for My Movies Collection Management on Win7/8.1/10/11, plus a Music Library and App Launcher!