Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Defacer Options · View
noodlesoup
Posted: Monday, September 19, 2022 7:35:51 PM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (121023)
Hi,

Someone is editing titles to enter wrong datas.
Exemple today on 5050582392944 (France) : wrong format, runtime, audio, original title, ratio, bonus removed.

In my collection alone, I found dozens of title defaced by this user.
It's a real pain because I have to check every updated title and the put all the infos back.

Can you do something ?
binnerup
Posted: Wednesday, September 21, 2022 9:42:09 AM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (157042)
We have some options - the first thing is that we need the username to get the user blocked to not do more.

Then we have to review some cases, and determine if it a few or many, and if many, we can roll back the users complete contributions for all time.

The problem with doing this is that any contributions made to a profile after the user contributed is also removed, so we are quite careful with that - but reporting it using the report incorrect data function as early as possible is the best - but please put the username here, so that we can block the user asap.

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows
jekyl
Posted: Thursday, September 22, 2022 12:11:51 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (81378)
This is an extremely annoying problem. One that I find randomly pop up all the time, but it's annoying, as it's impossible to constantly keep track of info getting deleted or wrong info being added.

One user I literally just ran into that did this on The Black Phone with UPC 191329217771 for Canada. I noticed that user diemauses1 did multiple wrong entries on that profile. I don't know if he was just point farming, but it's annoying.
noodlesoup
Posted: Thursday, September 22, 2022 9:47:08 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (121023)
username : gatoun

examples :
5053083132880 France : wrong time, checked slipcover, modified title, added a 2nd disc
5053083069285 France : removed original title, changed disc id, removed audio, removed bonus, changed ratio and runtime, checked slipcover
8717418510732 France : removed original title, added a disc, removed subs, checked slipcover, removed sort title
3259119636120 France : changed description, changed ratio, changed runetime, changed sort title, checked slip cover, removed bonuses
5050582224030 France : changed description, removed audio, changed runtime, changed aspect ratio, checked slip cover
5050582290790 France : changed description, removed audio, removed bonuses, changed runtime, aspect ratio, checked slip cover

this last one is from yesterday.
its trademark is to always check slip cover box.
binnerup
Posted: Friday, September 23, 2022 9:31:41 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (157042)
noodlesoup wrote:
username : gatoun

I have blocked this user from contributing, and have set rollbacks on everything he contributed - it will take some hours before the system starts processing it.

If titles are not updated tomorrow, please check back.

I can see he started in start of September, and therefore we are not loosing too much with a rollback.

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

binnerup
Posted: Friday, September 23, 2022 9:44:24 AM

jekyl wrote:
This is an extremely annoying problem. One that I find randomly pop up all the time, but it's annoying, as it's impossible to constantly keep track of info getting deleted or wrong info being added.

It is a problem that is difficult for us to do much about, except ask that you directly report when another user is contributing incorrect data - and, if you see it on multiple titles, use the view history button and compare to see if it is the same user.

If that is the case, do a red alert message in the incorrect report - we generally are not more than 2-3 days behind these reports and then we can catch it and get user blocked - typically such users start off with a few titles, and if nothing is caught, they scale it up.

It is not often that it is due to point harvesting, but typically due to completely misunderstanding the point about global data shared between users, so they change whatever suits their own collection choices - typically seen when they are not adding titles correctly by barcode, but a typical thing is users adding titles from other countries, and changing the language of texts.

The only thing that we can see can be done about this is moderation of all incoming data, and it is simply not possible for us to do.

"diemauses1" is a little more difficult to deal with, as contributions goes back to 2016, and for the majority looks ok - so, doing a mass rollback would affect a lot of titles where data after his changes have been corrected since. I suggest here to report the individual cases. I have disabled the user from contribution however.

Overall, disabling a user from contributing is a temporary thing, and this is why I request that you ASAP use the report incorrect data function, because we can easily set a temporary block on a users contribution abilities, and then we often can clear up the situation before they get to do too much.

The only times we do not just re-enable users accounts when having cleared up the situation is when we can see that things were done on purpose, either to do point harvesting, or when users deliberately contributed something they knew was wrong - such as contributing camera photos from mobile clients, as the clients have a specific checkbox to confirm that you are not contributing camera photos - doing so anyways is done with clear knowledge that it is wrong, and users who choose to do so we do not want to be able to contribute to the service.