Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Windows Media Center Options · View
hermosilla
Posted: Tuesday, September 27, 2022 5:13:18 AM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2520)
Hi everyone,
For corruptions files, I reinstall Windows 11 with Windows Media Center 8.5.
Normally Windows Media Center works perfect with Windows 11 and with My Movies 5.40. Never has any problem.
This time in my new Windows 11, I install Windows Media Center and tested - set it without any problem. Then I install My Movies 5.41 Pre-Release 5. Everything goes well with the installation and SQL updates. I configurate my movies library. All perfect! BUT when I open Windows Media Center comes with the fallows error: "Unable to launch My Movies Extras Link in Windows Media Center. Invalid Operation". It shows My Movies icon but when I click it it comes with that error.
Can someone help me...?

File Attachment(s):
WMC Normal.jpg (453kb) downloaded 1 time(s).
WMC with error.jpg (466kb) downloaded 1 time(s).

binnerup
Posted: Tuesday, September 27, 2022 10:15:01 AM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (157620)
hermosilla
Posted: Tuesday, September 27, 2022 1:03:25 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2520)
binnerup wrote:
It is not something we can help with, sorry - WMC is not supported under Windows 11, and we generally do not support WMC any more.

Hi,
It isn't Windows Media Center the problem. It's My Movies link (or better said the shortcut) has to open Media Center.
Clicking Media Center icon from Media Center, it's open normal and fast.
Clicking the icon from My Movies that opens Media Center and after 5 seconds its open with that error.
That means it is not Media Center fault, it's My Movies fault.
With the same Windows Media Center in my previous Windows (10 and 11) never have that problem. Of course I was using My Movies 5.40 edition. Now I'm install My Movies 5.41 Pre-Release 5 edition.
I attach two pictures:
One when WMC open normal with the shortcut WMC supply.
The other picture when WMC opens with My Movies WMC shortcut.

File Attachment(s):
WMC Normal.jpg (453kb) downloaded 5 time(s).
WMC with error.jpg (466kb) downloaded 5 time(s).

binnerup
Posted: Tuesday, September 27, 2022 1:59:27 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (157620)
Points here are, sorry:

- The WMC parts in My Movies have not been touched in many years, so issue is not with the code here. It can be various, such as OS parts.
- You are using an operating system not created to run WMC.
- We are no longer supporting the WMC parts.

I am sorry, but we won't be able to help you on this one.

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows
jkwaterman
Posted: Wednesday, September 28, 2022 12:24:13 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2726)
You may want to move over to cmc which is still supported by mymovies. It was developed by a user here and is a good wmc replacement for mymovies. It is also free now though I suggest making a donation to the developer if you like it. You can find it here. https://chamconsoft.com/cmc
hermosilla
Posted: Wednesday, September 28, 2022 2:07:55 PM

binnerup wrote:
Points here are, sorry:

- The WMC parts in My Movies have not been touched in many years, so issue is not with the code here. It can be various, such as OS parts.
- You are using an operating system not created to run WMC.
- We are no longer supporting the WMC parts.

I am sorry, but we won't be able to help you on this one.

Hi,
Sorry for disappoint you, but what I did was as follows:
1st I uninstall My Windows 5.41.
2nd I uninstall MyMovies instance from SQL 14.
3rd Reboot my PC.
4th Install My Movies 5.40 and of course, My Movies install MyMovies instance at SQL Server 14.
5th Restore all movies.
6th Voilà...! Windows Media Center starts with My Movies link and all movies are there. (I attach a picture).

What is that means...? Simple: My Movies 5.40 has that "link" who trig WMC wit SQL database. Instead My Movies 5.41 (5) has been taken away that "link".
Please. put it back...
Eddy

File Attachment(s):
WMC with My Movies.jpg (1,323kb) downloaded 3 time(s).

binnerup
Posted: Wednesday, September 28, 2022 2:14:58 PM

hermosilla
Posted: Wednesday, September 28, 2022 2:18:36 PM

jkwaterman wrote:
You may want to move over to cmc which is still supported by mymovies. It was developed by a user here and is a good wmc replacement for mymovies. It is also free now though I suggest making a donation to the developer if you like it. You can find it here. https://chamconsoft.com/cmc

Thank you for your suggestion, but I did try it a year or maybe two years ago.
The problem was it couldn't show a TV series with 18 episodes. Only shows a folder with interrogation sign (?) on folder. happened with few movies' boxes I have in my collection.
Thank you anyway,
Eddy
hermosilla
Posted: Wednesday, September 28, 2022 2:24:31 PM

binnerup wrote:
I am quite sure that if you install 5.41 again, it will be resolved also - I think the installation simply corrected the registry entries.

I will try to do it tomorrow. Now it's 10.30 PM and time to go to bed. With 76 years in my shoulders, must go to bed earlier.
I let you know what happens tomorrow.
Eddy
binnerup
Posted: Wednesday, September 28, 2022 2:26:02 PM

jkwaterman
Posted: Thursday, September 29, 2022 1:29:49 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2726)
hermosilla wrote:
jkwaterman wrote:

Thank you for your suggestion, but I did try it a year or maybe two years ago.
The problem was it couldn't show a TV series with 18 episodes. Only shows a folder with interrogation sign (?) on folder. happened with few movies' boxes I have in my collection.
Thank you anyway,
Eddy

There have been a lot of fixes and enhancements the last year. It's also free now instead of requiring a license. so give it a try. If you just tried to use the non licensed download last year it limited you to 100 titles so maybe that was the issue you found. I have a lot of series with more than 18 episodes and they work fine. It also uses the mymovies api which is much better than the file method.
hermosilla
Posted: Thursday, September 29, 2022 2:07:02 AM

binnerup wrote:
Sounds good :-)

I did the update to version 5.41 (5) this morning. Update means to install on top of the other without uninstalling version 5.40.
Unfortunately, the version 5.41 took away the connection (Link) from WMC. After reboot and start WMC comes with the same error.
I will downgrade My Movies to version 5.40 again.
I'll try again when Pre-Release 6 comes.
Regards,
Eddy