Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Muppet 6 Movie Collection Box Options · View
sasedi
Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2022 1:12:21 PM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (6226)
Hi,

when entering the Muppet 6 Movie Collection Blu-ray boxset (barcode 8717418436841, issued in the UK), I noticed that there is an inconsistency in the individual titles that are linked to this boxset title.

It lists as individual child titles:
- The Muppet Christmas Carol
- The Muppet Movie
- The Muppets
- Muppets Most Wanted
- Muppet Treasure Island / The Great Muppet Caper

The inconsistency is in the latter title: it combines both 'Muppet Treasure Island' and 'The Great Muppet Caper' into one title.
This makes it impossible to customize both titles separately with either General Profile Data or Personal Data (like e.g. the 'watched' status).

I'd like to request that this is changed so that each title is listed as a separate child title, which according to my understanding would be more in-line with the contribution guidelines.
I've tried to change and contribute the change myself, but it does not seem to be possible. I've also tried to report it as incorrect data through the My Movies Collection Management Windows program, but I did not get any response to it, hence my request in this forum.

Thanks.

sasedi attached the following image(s):
Muppet 6 Moive Boxset.jpg

sasedi
Posted: Wednesday, June 1, 2022 11:37:11 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (6226)
Hi,

is there any feedback on this request please?

Thanks.
binnerup
Posted: Thursday, June 2, 2022 11:40:55 AM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (157620)
sasedi
Posted: Friday, June 3, 2022 10:44:11 AM

Yes, indeed. Those two movies share one disc.
But as I said, I think they should be separate child titles of the box set.

Thanks.
andycob
Posted: Friday, June 3, 2022 4:16:58 PM

Groups: Administration , Member, Moderator

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (139265)
They should be, box sets use a child title for each movie regardless of packaging or how they are on the discs.
sasedi
Posted: Thursday, June 9, 2022 6:16:21 PM

So can you correct this please?
As I said, I've tried to report this through the incorrect data reporting in the My Movies Collection Management Windows program, but I did not get any response to it.

Thanks.
sasedi
Posted: Friday, July 15, 2022 1:33:04 PM

Hi,

it has been a while and I do not yet see any change in this boxset. Last week I again tried to report this issue via the 'report incorrect data' in the Windows application (making a reference to this forum topic), but I did not get any response.
Frankly, this is getting to be frustrating because I do not know what to do anymore to get someone to look into this and make the needed correction.
Any feedback would be appreciated so I can finally include this boxset correctly in my collection.

Thanks.
sasedi
Posted: Thursday, September 29, 2022 10:23:05 AM

Hi,

well, this is getting annoying. I still did not get any response to my "report incorrect data" I launched in the My Movies application.

I assume something must be going wrong because I reported it way back in July-2021, and tried again in December as you can see from attached picture.
I then tried again after confirming this needs to change in this forum post a few weeks back but for that one I do not find any logging back in the title
history.

So today I launched a new attempt: I've created a "report incorrect data" on the boxset and on the child title in question: see more attached pictures as evidence.

I do hope this will finally get picked up so that the needed change is implemented on this boxset.
If for any reason I am going the wrong way about this, then please advise me how to report this properly.

Sasedi.

File Attachment(s):
Screenshot_MuppetsIncorrectData_20220929b.jpg (263kb) downloaded 3 time(s).
Screenshot_MuppetsIncorrectData_20220929c.jpg (268kb) downloaded 1 time(s).
Screenshot_MuppetsIncorrectData_20220929d.jpg (286kb) downloaded 1 time(s).
Screenshot_MuppetsIncorrectData_20220929e.jpg (273kb) downloaded 1 time(s).

sasedi attached the following image(s):
Screenshot_MuppetsIncorrectData_20220929a.jpg

johnnyicemaker
Posted: Friday, September 30, 2022 10:31:03 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (72090)
You are probably reporting this correctly, but most box sets are community driven contributions with typically pass/fail moderation from the MyMovies reviewers. Not sure they have the time/staff to make edits to Box sets for every request.

Maybe you could attempt to make the fix yourself if the title isn't locked? I would but don't have the box set in my possession, I'm in the US and it is a UK Blu-ray, so can't add the disc mapping needed.
binnerup
Posted: Sunday, October 2, 2022 11:35:18 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (157620)
This is something I need to get back in over - the situation here is so that incorrect reports are handled by our paid staff, but some things gets too complicated for them to handle.

In such case, a report can be marked as advanced, for someone else with other abilities to handle them - historically, we had some power users on a team that would do that, but the team do not have the time to, and we have not gotten some better priorities for it.

This is not an excuse to why there are some specific reports that are not handled, but to explain why.

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows
sasedi
Posted: Monday, October 3, 2022 12:05:58 PM

Hi,

@johnnyicemaker: I would, and I tried, to correct it myself but either this is not possible or I did not yet find a way to do it. The 'create boxset' menu item is grayed out on an existing boxset and I do not know any other way to edit the child titles on a boxset.
That is why I launched the 'incorrect data' report in the first place. If you know of a way how to accomplish this, then I will gladly make the correction myself :-)

@binnerup: ok, thanks for explaining. But what does this mean in view of time expected that this will get handled then? My initial report on this is already from more than a year ago so I hope that your
backlog on complicated reports is not astronomically high. As I said above, if you could explain me how to do it myself (if at all possible), then I will try to do it.

KR,
Sasedi.
binnerup
Posted: Wednesday, October 5, 2022 8:52:20 AM

sasedi
Posted: Thursday, October 6, 2022 11:03:16 AM

Ok, thanks.

I did check on it today and I noticed that the someone with the ID 'johnnyicemaker' changed (on 4-Oct) the child entry 'Muppet Treasure Island / The Great Muppet Caper' in a single movie 'The Great Muppet Caper',
but there still needs to be added a new child entry for 'Muppet Treasure Island'.
I do not know if this johnnyicemaker is the staff member you are referring to.

KR,
Sasedi.
johnnyicemaker
Posted: Thursday, October 6, 2022 8:29:12 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (72090)
Hello Sasedi, I am just a user/contributor, not a staff member.

I tried to update the box set, and add the missing "Muppet Treasure Island" title to the box set, while also correcting the existing titles, but got a message that I couldn't contribute to an already existing box set. I created a child title to be added to the box set for the "Muppet Treasure Island" movie and also got a rejection notice that I can't create a title with a "barcode 000000000000" unless it is part of a box set. hmm, that is what I was trying to do, but to no avail...

Seems like this is an issue that does indeed need to be handled by MyMovies authorized moderators/staff, as a regular user/contributor like me does not have the clearance to fix an incorrect box set once it has been added to the system. I believe this used to be allowed, but things must have changed over the years and edit capabilities have been tightened. I did these edits prior to seeing the latest message in this thread from Binnerup, so that confirms my suspicions.

I would like to second Sasedi's request to have someone with proper clearance fix this box set. I don't have this box set in my collection, but would love to see this corrected for the greater good. Always trying to help out to make the database better for all.
sasedi
Posted: Tuesday, October 11, 2022 6:18:11 PM

Hi johnnyicemaker,

ok, got it :-)
Thanks for making the effort. I also tried it like you describe and could not do it, hence my request.

Hopefully binnerup can have a staff member look into it soon.

KR,
Sasedi.
sasedi
Posted: Tuesday, October 18, 2022 4:54:01 PM

Hi Brian,

I received notification that you changed the title from box set to a single title, so thanks for this.
At first, I did not see this change in the My Movies application, but after removing it from my database and then re-scanning the barcode it indeed reflected this change.
(side question: is this normal? should the system not alert me that there was a change in the database and the individual titles were removed? How else are other users going to be notified of the changes unless they go through removal/re-adding the title?)

I've added all 6 titles to this set and contributed it all as a box set so hopefully you can accept these changes soon.

KR,
Sasedi.
sasedi
Posted: Friday, October 21, 2022 4:39:36 PM

Hi,

just wanted to let the community know that the changes have been accepted, so the full box set with individual titles is now available as it should be!

Thanks Brian ;-)

KR,
Sasedi.
binnerup
Posted: Saturday, October 22, 2022 9:27:41 AM