Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Dual Mono soundtracks: 1.0 or 2.0? Options · View
stadjer81
Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2023 10:55:59 AM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2284)
I have quite some releases were the soundtrack is dual mono.

Should this be considered as 1.0 or 2.0, or could should there be separate listing for these soundtracks as they don't sound like stereo.
binnerup
Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2023 12:10:05 PM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (157956)
Can you give examples?

Dual mono is typically where one channel have speech and the other remaining sounds - it is likely often a mis-print, as this is not what the title contains.

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows
stadjer81
Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2023 4:49:00 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2284)
binnerup wrote:
Can you give examples?

Dual mono is typically where one channel have speech and the other remaining sounds - it is likely often a mis-print, as this is not what the title contains.

I mean some movies only 1 sound channel, but most mono soundtracks these days are 2 identical channels. If you read out the data, you see it looks the disc stereo.

See [url]this topic, It's nice if you can see the difference, as the first version gives the sound to the center speaker and the other situation uses the left and right speaker to give the same sound.

Think the 2.0 mono is due to the fact quite some people have better left and right speakers.
andycob
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2023 6:25:35 PM

Groups: Administration , Member, Moderator

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (139923)
Dual mono usually means the original mono track has been recorded to both the left and right stereo channels of the audio. I think we have a 2,0 mono option don't we or am I imagining something I suggested.

As dual mono is a 2.0 audio it should be either 2.0 or 2.0 mono. As opposed to the true 1.0 audio that is only on the one center channel. I even have one or two 3.0 mono discs where the original mono is on the left right and center channels.
stadjer81
Posted: Friday, January 27, 2023 8:59:08 AM

andycob wrote:
Dual mono usually means the original mono track has been recorded to both the left and right stereo channels of the audio. I think we have a 2,0 mono option don't we or am I imagining something I suggested.

As dual mono is a 2.0 audio it should be either 2.0 or 2.0 mono. As opposed to the true 1.0 audio that is only on the one center channel. I even have one or two 3.0 mono discs where the original mono is on the left right and center channels.

that's indeed what I mean. I think we would need a 2.0 mono as a separate option next to 1.0. As for example for Naked over the Fence barcode 881190019894 which has lcpm and dts-hd 2.0 mono mentioned on the box, which makes it falling between real 2.0 and 1.0.

I uploaded the 300 dpi back scan already for this release.

Edit, just found out it is possible to choose 2.0 mono on the Windows version, but not on iOS or mac