Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Lists missing from public "Discover Lists" Options · View
johnnyicemaker
Posted: Friday, May 10, 2024 1:23:25 AM

Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (72521)
I assume that List are still a work in progress. I have a bug to report, ok several, all related to probably the same thing.

I have created 30 lists and have clicked yes to "Public" to share them all, so they should all show up in the Discover Lists section. Only 20 of the 30 I have created show. When I go to the lists that I still have in my collection under "Public Lists" all 30 show up, none are found under "Personal Lists", that area is blank. Why are they not showing in the "Discover Lists" area.

Along with this issue, I also can't edit the lists I do have from public to private, and can't edit the lists as they currently are with new movie additions or editing the description. I did manage to add a new movie to one list, once... Not sure how I did that because I can't do it again. But the revision did not sync and the list on my iPad is now different from the same list on my iPhone.

This whole new feature seems to still be quite buggy.
binnerup
Posted: Friday, May 10, 2024 9:31:29 AM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (163115)
Lists is not work in process, they are considered functional.

The database holds 32 titles that are created by you.

2 of those are "Personal", meaning they can only be seen by you.

8 is marked deleted.

Can I sync your collection here to check?

What is shown where in discover lists is a little more complicated, as it displays new lists with priority, then based on factors such as likes combined with when they were created.

I do see lists from your account in discover.

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows
johnnyicemaker
Posted: Friday, May 31, 2024 12:49:36 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (72521)
Yes go ahead and sync my collection, that is fine.

I see 30 lists in my collection, all show in the "Public Lists" area. I do not see the 2 you indicated when selecting "Personal Lists", i see none when selecting that area. and I don't see any of the 8 you indicated as deleted lists.

I have scrolled through all the discover lists and have cataloged the ones made by me, and by my count it equals 22. 8+2=10 so maybe that is why i am not seeing the missing 10 in the discover lists area. It is weird though, because i see 30 In my collection as "Public Lists". And i am not sure about 32...

Thanks for looking into this.
johnnyicemaker
Posted: Friday, May 31, 2024 1:08:00 AM

Below are 22 from my collection that I see when scrolling through the discover lists area:
Broken Lizard
Cheech & Chong
Disney Live-Action/Animation Hybrids
Disney-Pixar Feature Animation
Dr. Seuss
Jack Ryan
James Bond
Jane Austen
John Grisham
John Wayne Western
Marx Brothers, The
Mel Brooks
MonsterVerse
Monty Python
Never Travel with Tom Hanks
Nicholas Sparks
Planet of the Apes (Evolution)
Pokemon
Rankin/Bass Productions
Ray Harryhausen
Tom Clancy
View Askewniverse

Below are 8 that are in my collection that I don't see when scrolling through the discover lists area:
DC Extended Universe
Disney Feature Animation
Disney Live-Action Remakes
Marvel Cinematic Universe
Quentin Tarantino
Spider-Man
Studio Ghibli
Wizarding World

Maybe these are the 8 you see as deleted on your end??

What I find weird is that all of these lists (30) have been liked 2 or more times so they are all "out there" for others to tag "like", so not sure about the 8 deleted and 2 personal titles you indicated. I haven't deleted any of them, as far as I know, and have posted all the lists I have created to the public realm.

Of course this is all just by me scrolling through, so there is room for error and missed counts. But there is definitely something going on here. Because I can't update some of the lists. When I do by chance/luck get that to work, it still doesn't sync the updates to another device.
johnnyicemaker
Posted: Monday, June 24, 2024 8:39:17 PM

Any action on this? Have you had a chance to sync my collection to see what is going on here? still having issue syncing changes/updates between devices.
binnerup
Posted: Tuesday, July 2, 2024 9:07:38 AM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (163115)
Some checks on some of these:

Spider-Man: Deleted on 13'th of November 2023. But there are also other lists by others with that name.
Studio Ghibli: There are not any list with you as creator with that name.
Wizarding World: There are not any list with you as creator with that name.

Could it be that these are lists from other people that you have added to your collection?

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows
johnnyicemaker
Posted: Friday, July 5, 2024 6:18:22 PM

Here are snapshots of what i am seeing on my app. Main list pages and individual entries of the above noted lists. It shows my username in the list page for each entry and my actual name on each of the individual entries when you go to those pages. These are, and have always been, in my collection. When I clear my collection data and re-sync they come back exactly the same. So not deleted on my end, at least the way I sync and see them.

One question is what happens when someone else deletes the list entry when it is shared out in the public, does it get deleted in the public domain but not on the personal list? That may be how to explain why you are seeing it as deleted and I am not, as I have not deleted these and they still show in my collection. Does the Spider-Man deletion have record of me deleting it, or someone else? I don't remember deleting it, and it still shows in my list... Although i may have deleted it, but why then is it still showing in my collection?

I may have copied a list from someone else, edited it, added movies, descriptions, etc., and then shared it to back the public? although I am pretty certain that I created the Studio Ghibli one from scratch...

All this still doesn't explain why i can't edit the lists, add movies, etc., but may be one reason why? The app sees these on my end, but they are not seen on the public side of the system. Also doesn't explain why they are not currently in the public domain, as I have shared all of them... The Studio Ghibli list has 28 Likes, Wizarding World has 11 Likes, and Spider-Man has 5 Likes, so there is evidence that they were in the public domain at some point, not sure why you are not seeing it that way now.

File Attachment(s):
Collection List #1.png (598kb) downloaded 2 time(s).
Collection List #2.png (639kb) downloaded 0 time(s).
Spider-Man.png (824kb) downloaded 1 time(s).
Studio Ghibli.png (716kb) downloaded 0 time(s).
Wizarding World.png (732kb) downloaded 0 time(s).