Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

DLNA Server - Help us review Options · View
polypete
Posted: Friday, June 26, 2015 8:25:55 PM
Groups: Member

Joined: 10/18/2009
Posts: 22
Location: France

Rank:
Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (10673)
binnerup wrote:
polypete wrote:
After install in Windows Server 2012, I see in logs :


Can you attach the full log please?

How many TV Series and Episodes do you have in your database?


I have :

Titles : 5278
Films : 3693
Series : 195
Episodes : 7911
Actors : 289677
Réalisateurs : 11040

File Attachment(s):
log.txt (17kb) downloaded 117 time(s).


binnerup
Posted: Friday, June 26, 2015 8:41:46 PM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Joined: 2/1/2005
Posts: 46,746
Location: Aarhus, Denmark

Rank:
Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (131626)
It could seem to be a table locking problem, as your system is currently re-reading media info for the new release.

I will check that the calls have no lock settings on them.

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows
polypete
Posted: Friday, June 26, 2015 10:21:51 PM
Groups: Member

Joined: 10/18/2009
Posts: 22
Location: France

Rank:
Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (10673)
binnerup wrote:
It could seem to be a table locking problem, as your system is currently re-reading media info for the new release.

I will check that the calls have no lock settings on them.


Thank you very much !!

I wish you a pleasant weekend.

Best Regards.
joecrow
Posted: Saturday, June 27, 2015 9:13:28 AM

Groups: Member

Joined: 2/12/2011
Posts: 128

Rank:
Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (1297)
binnerup wrote:
joecrow wrote:
Have you had a chance to take a look at this? Log was attached to an earlier post.


I am sorry, I did not get to check this.

There are no requests for the actual file in the log.

Can you from the final 5.13 version try to clear the log, browse the DNLA server to the title, and then try to start playback, and post that log?

Then I know I have exactly what should be in there.


Will do but towards the end of next week (as I am taking a long weekend away).
knala29
Posted: Sunday, June 28, 2015 2:28:10 AM
Groups: Member

Joined: 1/2/2008
Posts: 57
Location: UK

Rank:
Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (15658)
Hi Brian,

I have tried MyMovies DLNA server with my Samsung F8000 TV.

With regards to your checklist...

- Can you browse the DLNA server folders? Yes
- Do you have images on your media? Most but a handful are missing
- Can you play MP4/M4V files? Yes
- Are MKV files displayed, perhaps how? (eg. Playstation 3 shows as unsupported media). Yes
- Can you play MKV files? Yes


However the fast forward and rewind buttons are inactive with MM DLNA server though similarly inactive with standard WHS2011 DLNA (which doesn't of course steam MKV) and Plex Server though using the Plex app to Play via Plex Server fast forward and rewind works at 2x, 4x, 8x and 16x.

jcr
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2015 10:48:22 AM

Groups: Member

Joined: 2/19/2009
Posts: 73
Location: France

Rank:
Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2995)
binnerup wrote:
jcr wrote:
- Are MKV files displayed, perhaps how? Yes (must change configuration settings for dlna server)


In which way do you mean that you have to change it?


Hello
Nothing
just unhide unsupported titles.
Regards.
binnerup
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2015 10:49:56 AM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Joined: 2/1/2005
Posts: 46,746
Location: Aarhus, Denmark

Rank:
Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (131626)
Ok - MKV files should be displayed as part of supported titles.

However, the update will re-read your media info, and if this is delayed, it can be that they are not seen until the information have been read.

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows
karterjk
Posted: Wednesday, July 01, 2015 2:37:43 PM
Groups: Member

Joined: 8/13/2010
Posts: 48

Rank:
Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2601)
Not a big fan of DLNA, never have been.. that is my feedback
joecrow
Posted: Friday, July 03, 2015 11:00:42 AM

Groups: Member

Joined: 2/12/2011
Posts: 128

Rank:
Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (1297)
joecrow wrote:
binnerup wrote:
joecrow wrote:
Have you had a chance to take a look at this? Log was attached to an earlier post.


I am sorry, I did not get to check this.

There are no requests for the actual file in the log.

Can you from the final 5.13 version try to clear the log, browse the DNLA server to the title, and then try to start playback, and post that log?

Then I know I have exactly what should be in there.


Will do but towards the end of next week (as I am taking a long weekend away).


OK
Attached is a log from a further attempt to view a .mkv from my Philips 5000 TV, this time with the final version 5.13. As before I can navigate to a specific movie but I do not get a thumbnail picture and when selected I get "Unsupported File"

File Attachment(s):
log.txt (45kb) downloaded 114 time(s).


binnerup
Posted: Friday, July 03, 2015 11:05:22 AM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Joined: 2/1/2005
Posts: 46,746
Location: Aarhus, Denmark

Rank:
Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (131626)
joecrow wrote:
Attached is a log from a further attempt to view a .mkv from my Philips 5000 TV, this time with the final version 5.13. As before I can navigate to a specific movie but I do not get a thumbnail picture and when selected I get "Unsupported File"


Ok - what format is the file in? From what I can see in the log, it never requests the file, meaning that it just based on the file information decides that it is not supported.

It is very likely that the device does not support the file at all.

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows
joecrow
Posted: Friday, July 03, 2015 1:33:03 PM

Groups: Member

Joined: 2/12/2011
Posts: 128

Rank:
Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (1297)
binnerup wrote:
joecrow wrote:
Attached is a log from a further attempt to view a .mkv from my Philips 5000 TV, this time with the final version 5.13. As before I can navigate to a specific movie but I do not get a thumbnail picture and when selected I get "Unsupported File"


Ok - what format is the file in? From what I can see in the log, it never requests the file, meaning that it just based on the file information decides that it is not supported.

It is very likely that the device does not support the file at all.


It seems that the TV does support the file! I tried again with an .mp4 and again got the Unsupported File error via MyMovies but when I uploaded the same .mp4 video to the media server on my router (Fritzbox 7390) it plays on the TV over the network from there without problem.
kolossos
Posted: Saturday, July 04, 2015 11:17:16 PM
Groups: Member

Joined: 1/2/2008
Posts: 10
Location: Athens Greece

Rank:
Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (403)
Hi.
I tested it in my network and it works fine on all tv's (LG) but obviously there is no support of subtitles just yet. I assume it will be added in the future.

Regards
Petros
binnerup
Posted: Sunday, July 05, 2015 11:56:16 AM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Joined: 2/1/2005
Posts: 46,746
Location: Aarhus, Denmark

Rank:
Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (131626)
kolossos wrote:
Hi.
I tested it in my network and it works fine on all tv's (LG) but obviously there is no support of subtitles just yet. I assume it will be added in the future.

Regards
Petros


There will not, no - the server does not re-convert the files, so it is up to the client to support embedded subtitles....

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows
kolossos
Posted: Sunday, July 05, 2015 12:57:24 PM
Groups: Member

Joined: 1/2/2008
Posts: 10
Location: Athens Greece

Rank:
Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (403)
I am using Plex without conversion of files where embedded subtitles in the mkv files are not supported but the srt file is working fine on LG even capable of adjusting timing from the program +or - buttons.Hope an adjustment can be made? Since PLEX is doing it probably there is a way out
binnerup
Posted: Monday, July 06, 2015 10:24:13 AM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Joined: 2/1/2005
Posts: 46,746
Location: Aarhus, Denmark

Rank:
Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (131626)
kolossos wrote:
I am using Plex without conversion of files where embedded subtitles in the mkv files are not supported but the srt file is working fine on LG even capable of adjusting timing from the program +or - buttons.Hope an adjustment can be made? Since PLEX is doing it probably there is a way out


It is something we need to look into, but are you 110% that the file is not being transcoded?

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows
kolossos
Posted: Monday, July 06, 2015 1:36:05 PM
Groups: Member

Joined: 1/2/2008
Posts: 10
Location: Athens Greece

Rank:
Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (403)
I am sure 1000%- LG shows the video and audio anyway and I see its always the original.To be exact shows type of file, pixels,audio type.

File Attachment(s):
IMG_2067.JPG (1,815kb) downloaded 122 time(s).


tazman
Posted: Sunday, July 12, 2015 3:14:51 PM
Groups: Member

Joined: 6/11/2006
Posts: 15
Location: Singapore

Rank:
Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (4467)
Hi Brian,

Just a quick confirmation that the All Titles view on the MPC machine is now working on 5.13 Build 2.

Best regards,

Thomas

joecrow
Posted: Saturday, July 18, 2015 9:40:22 AM

Groups: Member

Joined: 2/12/2011
Posts: 128

Rank:
Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (1297)
joecrow wrote:
binnerup wrote:
joecrow wrote:
Attached is a log from a further attempt to view a .mkv from my Philips 5000 TV, this time with the final version 5.13. As before I can navigate to a specific movie but I do not get a thumbnail picture and when selected I get "Unsupported File"


Ok - what format is the file in? From what I can see in the log, it never requests the file, meaning that it just based on the file information decides that it is not supported.

It is very likely that the device does not support the file at all.


It seems that the TV does support the file! I tried again with an .mp4 and again got the Unsupported File error via MyMovies but when I uploaded the same .mp4 video to the media server on my router (Fritzbox 7390) it plays on the TV over the network from there without problem.


Has there been any further investigation with respect to a Philips 5000 series TV? Given that I was able to play the .mp4 file on the TV from an alternative server (Fritzbox) it does appear that the MM DNLA server is missing something that Philips TVs need! Do you agree or am I doing something wrong and/or has anyone else been sucessfull using a Philips TV?
jcr
Posted: Monday, July 27, 2015 2:47:15 PM

Groups: Member

Joined: 2/19/2009
Posts: 73
Location: France

Rank:
Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2995)
hello.
Mkv Winkork good since 5.13 Build 2
Dlna Working with Dune HD base 3d (Zappiti player) , without pictures.

But :
Dlna of the MYmovies is not always visible. Sometimes you have to wait at least 5 minutes (Hdi Dune, android ginkgodlna, etc)
At the same time, Power dvd's dlna server is always visible.
Note : Upnplay (android) work good and have a good recognition of mymovie's dlna


Regards

jcr wrote:
binnerup wrote:
jcr wrote:
- Are MKV files displayed, perhaps how? Yes (must change configuration settings for dlna server)


In which way do you mean that you have to change it?


Hello
Nothing
just unhide unsupported titles.
Regards.
alvard
Posted: Friday, September 18, 2015 5:26:28 PM
Groups: Member

Joined: 9/18/2015
Posts: 1
Location: United States

Rank:
Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (0)
Hi

Im trying to stream from a Windows 7 PC to a Sony bluray player and keep getting the message the server is not avalible now try again later. The player streams from WMP fine and My Movies streams fine to my PS3
Users browsing this topic
guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.0 (NET v4.0) - 10/10/2006
Copyright © 2003-2006 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.