Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

DLNA Server - Help us review Options · View
ruski
Posted: Monday, September 28, 2015 4:28:56 PM

Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2743)
Hello Brian, hope this is the correct place to post.
I have Windows 7 with MyMovies 5.13. Have been trying out the DLNA feature.
I found very consistently that when I hibernate my Win7 server and then wake it up, the DLNA service is not running.
Then, I just open Collection Management, go to settings and disable/enable DLNA function, then it works again.
Easy to reproduce.
Can this be fixed?
Thank you
Felix

While waiting for my answer, I wanted to add another comment. The DLNA function seems to work well with UPNP players on Roku, Google TV and a few other devices, thank you. However, I have not been able to make it work with any Windows based software players. I tried Windows Media Player, VLC and ArcSoft. WMP finds the server but can not get access. VLC does not find the server at all. ArcSoft actually retrieves the playlist along with artwork but fails to play any MP4 or M4V files. Is there another choice that someone has successfully used with DLNA server of MyMovies?

Thank you
Felix
stonehigh
Posted: Wednesday, October 07, 2015 3:52:57 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2510)
Hello Movie Fans,

First sorry for my Bad English, but I will give you Feedback, too.

Have 2 Samsung TV, my old (PS64D8000) works well with the dlna Server.
But with the new one for bedroom I have a litte "funny" problem with the Server.
My New is the Samsung UHD UE40JU6050U with Tizen Operating System. All works well!

- Can you browse the DLNA server folders? Yes
- Do you have images on your media? Yes, Looks Great
- Can you play MP4/M4V files? Yes
- Are MKV files displayed, perhaps how? Yes, just unhide unsupported titles.
- Can you play MKV files? Yes

Now the Problem. When I select a Movie in a folder and press Play or Ok, a Movie starts, yes.. but always the "first" Movie from the Folder!!!
For Example: In Folder All Movies i select the Movie Turtles (45/100)... Then starts 14 Blades (1/100). Very strange o.O
In every folder the same. Always Play 1/...! When the Movie is playing, i can switch to the next Movie but not in the Folder.
With Microsoft Media Server, i do not have the problems.. But dont like the Media Server!
Any ideas?^^

MyMovies runs on a Windows Home Server 2011 System with I3 Core and H97 Chipset.
Tryed with version 5.13 Build 2 and 5.20 Pre Release 4.

Hope this infos helps to make MyMovies more better than it is today.
Love the Programm! A must Have for Movie Fans!

Thx and Greetings,

Stonehigh

A little test Update: UHD mp4/mkv works well with the dlna server.
But the "play first movie of folder" bug is..... damn..... the only problem with dlna on my new Samsung Tizen TV! :/
russi
Posted: Monday, October 12, 2015 2:34:01 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (8729)
Hello,

I have a Samsung UE55JS9080 TV and I discovered the DLNA feature of MyMovies (5.13 Build 2) a view days ago.

I have the same problem as "stonehigh". Always the first movie out of a folder plays on my TV.

Kind regards
Russi
moorheadj
Posted: Tuesday, October 13, 2015 6:11:36 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2529)
Hello,
I am running MM Collection Manager 5.13 Build 2 on Windows 10 and have just starting using DLNA with my Samsung UN55JS9000. Like the previous two posts only the first movie of a folder plays regardless of which movie I select. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
mbrade
Posted: Sunday, October 25, 2015 1:25:08 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2592)
Hello

Samsung TV UE40JU6050 also plays only the first movie in the selected list.
So for B the first movie starting with B and so on.
While watching the movie you can navigate with next to the next movie.

Using the Windows build in service functions. Every movie plays as i should. But its not that good as MyMovies.
moorheadj
Posted: Saturday, October 31, 2015 1:51:12 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2529)
Brian, Please let us Samsung owners know if you believe the problem of "only the first movie of a group playing" is a My Movies or a Samsung problem. Are there any debugging steps we can take?

Thank You,
John
appleturnover
Posted: Saturday, October 31, 2015 3:37:31 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (5281)
is there a point requirement for DLNA?

Edit: Also the 5.13 and 5.20 PR4 I think (firewalls disabled) aren't being detected by Xbox One. Is there some config change I need to do?

FYI: I concede that i may give incorrect feedback, but I will try to be accurate as possible

Window Server Details
Windows Server 2012 Stndrd R2 + ESS: ASROCK 970 Extreme, AMD FX-8300 8Core, 32GB DDR3-1600, 60TB Storage, My Movies for Essential Server 5.23 bld2

My Movies Settings
RedFox AnyDVD (AutoUpdate Enabled): LifeTime License
Virtual Clone Drive: 5.4.8.0
Converter Primary Profile: 10. M4V - Universal High - 1080p, 5.1 and 2.0 Audio
Converter Secondary Profile: Disabled
DVD Format: VIDEO_TS Folders
Blu-Ray: ISO

Mobile Devices
Apple iPadAir 9.7: My Movies for IPad 2.x
Apple iPhone 6 Plus: My Movies for iPad/iPhone 2.x

ChromeCast
Samsung 32inch 1080 LCD
HiSense 40inch 1080 LCD
LG 55inch LED 240hz 3D

Apple TV
Apple TV 2 64GB
Apple TV 2 32GB

DLNA Devices
XBox One 6.2.13332.0

Windows Media Centers
Movie Room: Biostar A68N-5545 AMD APU A8 (miniITX)
Living Room: Biostar A68N-5545 AMD APU A8 (miniITX)

My Collection

* Installing and/or using AnyDVD is illegal in some countries. Users are themselves responsible for complying with local law when installing and using AnyDVD.

adidino
Posted: Wednesday, November 04, 2015 4:45:38 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (3667)
Brian - Is there support to launch the file from the DLNA device from the MyMovies ipad app if I add it? Going to spend some time with the Oppo to test.

Tony

My Collection
binnerup
Posted: Wednesday, November 04, 2015 5:02:43 PM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (131686)
adidino wrote:
Brian - Is there support to launch the file from the DLNA device from the MyMovies ipad app if I add it? Going to spend some time with the Oppo to test.

There is not, no.

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows
adidino
Posted: Thursday, November 05, 2015 1:56:32 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (3667)
binnerup wrote:
adidino wrote:

There is not, no.

Brian - is this not something possible in a future update? This would be an opportunity to expand the scope of the iPad app to other devices beyond the Dune and Windows. I would glad assist in any testing.

Tony

My Collection
thrang
Posted: Thursday, November 05, 2015 2:07:50 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2509)
adidino wrote:
binnerup wrote:
adidino wrote:

There is not, no.

Brian - is this not something possible in a future update? This would be an opportunity to expend the iPad app to other devices beyond the Dune and Windows. I would more than happy to test.

Agreed. A Play to feature seems to make a lot of sense from from the iOS apps.

I tried browsing to the MyMovies DLNA server from an Oppo 103 and a PS4, and the interface is useless (I also couldn't realistically play via the MyMovies DLNA option anyway, as lossless MKV titles severely stalled and stuttered on a gigabit wired network, while normal lossless ISO or BDMV titles stream fine to my Dune Smart B1)
moorheadj
Posted: Thursday, November 12, 2015 4:51:05 PM

The following answers to your questions are correct for MM 5.13 Build 2 and MM 5.20.

I have a Samsung 40H5500 and a 55JS9000

Samsung 55JS9000

- Can you browse the DLNA server folders? YES
- Do you have images on your media? YES
- Can you play MP4/M4V files? YES
- Are MKV files displayed, perhaps how? (eg. Playstation 3 shows as unsupported media). YES, the same as MP4

- Can you play MKV files? This file format will play. However, while episodes of TV Series play as selected from the folders; movies in the Movies Library folders always play the first movie in the folder regardless of which movie is selected.

Samsung 40H5500

- Can you browse the DLNA server folders? YES
- Do you have images on your media? YES
- Can you play MP4/M4V files? YES
- Are MKV files displayed, perhaps how? (eg. Playstation 3 shows as unsupported media). YES, the same as MP4

- Can you play MKV files? This file format will play. TV Series episodes and Movie Library movies play as selected from the folders.

The same MM installation is being used to serve both TVs on a local network.

Any information about playing movies on the 55JS9000 would be appreciated.

Regards
binnerup
Posted: Friday, November 13, 2015 8:50:25 AM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (131686)
moorheadj wrote:
The following answers to your questions are correct for MM 5.13 Build 2 and MM 5.20.

Let me understand it correct - is it only MKV's that plays the first entry?

"movies in the Movies Library folders always play the first movie in the folder regardless of which movie is selected"?

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows
moorheadj
Posted: Friday, November 13, 2015 3:10:31 PM

I am sorry I was not clear on my previous reply. It does not matter if the file is mp4 or mkv, only the first movie of the folder plays regardless of the one selected. I did find that once the movie starts playing and you press the >>| key it will jump to the next movie in the folder.

I will be glad to provide any additional information you may want.

Thanks
jcr
Posted: Wednesday, December 30, 2015 10:19:36 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2995)
Hello

With Frebox 4k (Android 5 Tv Box) + Kodi 15
+ UpnPlay (android Dlna player who's run on my smartphone and tablette)

- Can you browse the DLNA server folders
UpnPlay : YES
KODI : YES

- Do you have images on your media?
KODI : YES

- Can you play MP4/M4V files?
KODI : NO : Nothing appears, no message

- Are MKV files displayed, perhaps how?
- Can you play MKV files?
KODI : NO : Nothing appears, no message

Missing .iso (bsplayer and kodi are playing .iso)

regards
mazangerle
Posted: Tuesday, January 12, 2016 6:23:41 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2906)
Hello,

OPPO BDP105:
- Folders are visible
- Movies show up as JPG and I get a blank screen on the Oppo when trying to play.

Synology and Zyxel NAS DLNA work both fine with the Oppo...

BR
Markus

MyMovies is 5.20 Build 3 on Win 8.1
mosseo
Posted: Wednesday, January 13, 2016 9:10:15 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (1250)
Dish network (echostar) Hopper
Denon AVR-X300
Covers displayed. Selecting one displays that cover. Selecting play show next cover in list. Does not play.

Samsung TV
Covers displayed. Selecting cover gives message "Not supported file format"
Enable video converter is set for univeral MP4

Sony Blu ray
My Movies is not visible

Xbox 360
Covers do not display

FireTV using VLC app
Connecs to MyMovies but nothing shows

Roku using Roku Media Player app
Displays Movie folders with movie counts. Selecting folde give message "No compatible videso found"
nrwler04
Posted: Monday, March 14, 2016 10:30:43 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (3291)
Gentlemen,

I have a problem to stream my converted BluRays on my SONY KDL-46HX925 .... I tried every Profile for MP4, MV4 ..... after 20 to 30 minutes the stream always stops or has problems with sound and the stream is stopping ....

Is there any known problem with SONY TV's?

Best regards
amcross
Posted: Saturday, March 19, 2016 2:13:58 PM
Groups: Member , Windows Home Server

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (8056)
working fine on my sony networked tv@s

just one question what should the thumbnails show

the main cover of a dvd as my rips seem to all show the opening sequence

WHS Server----Intel I7 3ghz with 16gb corsair ram Nvidia gtx 210 1GB Gigabyte Z87 mb with 8x 3TB Western Digital RED drives running Microsoft WHS 2011 With Mymovies WHS Server V5

technog
Posted: Wednesday, April 06, 2016 4:07:45 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2500)
It would be very helpful if the media file "Location" could call the movies from a DLNA server other than the MyMovies local machine.

I am using Windows Server Essentials 2012 R2 + Media Pack as my DLNA server, and would prefer to host all my movie content on the server itself. There are many advantages to hosting 12TB+ of movie files on a Server OS, as opposed to the client (Windows 7 or 8.1) file system.

Additionally, with the Media Pack enabled on WSE2012R2... the XBOX 360 will continue to function as a Media Center Extender, as long as it is connecting to the DLNA endpoint and not over SMB which prompts for authentication.

Can someone please offer guidance or a work-around that will enable MyMovies to use an external DLNA endpoint as the "source" for the movie file?