Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Dune HD Base 3D Options · View
imowiz
Posted: Monday, March 28, 2016 3:56:08 AM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (0)
I am new to Mymovies and not sure how to start with it. This is my setup. Dune HD Base 3D, Unraid NAS, Macbook. I am not sure which Mymovies software I have to download and onto which device this software has to be installed. TIA.
imowiz
Posted: Tuesday, March 29, 2016 5:40:18 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (0)
Ok, I am trying to figure this thing out but hitting a lot of road blocks. For one thing, there is no comprehensive set of directions to seamlessly integrate My Movies into Dune HD.
I have two .iso movies in a folder called ISO on my Unraid NAS called "Tower". Have created a network folder in Dune called Movies which points to the ISO folder on the NAS utilizing the NFS file sharing standard. So far so good. I downloaded the standalone My Movies software for windows on my windows 7 computer. Imported the titles for these two movies. Again so far so good. I proceeded to Tools>Settings>Meta-Data> and clicked on the Dune box and started the configuration page. Store on Path was pointed to the folder on the NAS where the two movies are. Path configuration does not populate with anything. However, I get a .mymovies.xml in Dune Movies folder for each movie. These are my questions.

1. Why am I not getting anything in the path configuration?
2. How do I get My Movies interface to work on the Dune?

imowiz attached the following image(s):
Screen Shot 2016-03-28 at 11.07.13 PM.png
IMG_5787.jpg
IMG_5786.jpg

erik_n
Posted: Tuesday, March 29, 2016 8:15:50 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (10018)
Have you read and followed this guide?

I'm not sure if you got all the required hard ware with NAS and MB...

I have a server running WHS 2011 with MM for server were I rip and store movies, it also uploads metadata for my online collection.

To create metadata for on screen GUI I use a PC with Win7 running MM client version. From this PC I store metadata on a USB memory stick in my Dune HD Max player (WHS 2011 can't do this).

The Ipad app for MM is so good so it's the only thin I use to browse and start movies in my collection, I never use the on screen GUI now.

My home theather
binnerup
Posted: Wednesday, March 30, 2016 7:32:36 AM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (52)
imowiz
Posted: Wednesday, March 30, 2016 2:17:08 PM

Thank you for the reply. I have been going at this for four days now. Learning a lot but losing a lot of sleep as well. How do I configure the titles to use online folder location. At the bottom of each title page I see the online path. Is that what you are referring to? Also, what is the lock icon at the bottom left hand corner of the title page? TIA
imowiz
Posted: Wednesday, March 30, 2016 2:23:19 PM

My Dune is set to see the movie folder on my NAS using the NFS file sharing protocol. /mnt/user/Media/Movies Dune sees this fine. I tried doing with SMB but movie viewing starts becoming very laggy. The path on the both of title page points to folder structure address. \\TOWER\Media\Movies\Avatar.iso
baax
Posted: Wednesday, March 30, 2016 6:30:30 PM

Solved it. When you add your titels as Movies (not Disks) you won't get any Path. I deleted them and added them as Disk and now it works.
imowiz
Posted: Wednesday, March 30, 2016 6:54:49 PM

That is just messed up. I will try your recommendation and report back. What a waste of time it was if your way fixes my issue. There was no mention of this anywhere.
imowiz
Posted: Thursday, March 31, 2016 5:41:50 AM

baax wrote:
Solved it. When you add your titels as Movies (not Disks) you won't get any Path. I deleted them and added them as Disk and now it works.

Okay, I figured it out I hope. I couldn't do it via disk because I am running parallels on my macbook pro. I have windows 7 on it. The reason I was not seeing the path was because of the way I was adding the titles. My .iso movie file is on my NAS. \\TOWER\Media\Movies\Avatar.iso. Naturally I was trying to add title by importing folder. I would browse to TOWER>Media>Movies. So far so good. The path issue came about when I entered the wrong information under the "Add" tab. "Content" should be Movie files (Movie folder is recommended but you would have to create separate folder for every movie file). "Add" should be "Disc Titles" or "combined" and not "Movies". When I choose "Disc Titles" or "Combined", the path shows up with "Movies", path is never stablished. I hope this will help someone as my learning curve for this was rather long and unnecessary. More training videos and more detailed information for setting things up would be a plus. I am just glad I figured it out.
imowiz
Posted: Thursday, March 31, 2016 5:46:11 AM

Oh, and the reason I couldn't do it from my macbook was because I have an external BD drive as MacBooks don't have internal BD drives. Go figure, they charge you arm and a leg for these things and the damn thing doesn't come with a BD drive. Furthermore, My Movies fails to see the V: drive where my BD drive is connected. My Movies only sees the internal D: drive.Lips are sealed
baax
Posted: Thursday, March 31, 2016 1:48:20 PM

I think it is a bug and should be fixed. It took me 2 days to solve it and got headache over this, userfriendly is something different...
binnerup
Posted: Friday, April 01, 2016 8:15:40 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (52)
The "movie" profile type have become available in My Movies after the implementation of the functionality for the Dune, and the profile type is not supported for use with the Dune.

This should be added to the documentation, naturally.

It is however not a bug.

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows
binnerup
Posted: Friday, April 01, 2016 8:19:00 AM

imowiz wrote:
Oh, and the reason I couldn't do it from my macbook was because I have an external BD drive as MacBooks don't have internal BD drives. Go figure, they charge you arm and a leg for these things and the damn thing doesn't come with a BD drive. Furthermore, My Movies fails to see the V: drive where my BD drive is connected. My Movies only sees the internal D: drive.Lips are sealed

Please try to read what I am writing.

Your drive is connected to your Mac - then parallels makes a virtual path available to your PC for the path of the drive - that becomes V: - this is NOT a drive to the PC, it is a virtual path, just like a shared harddrive or a memory card would be.

In devices in parallels, you can select which hardware devices that are connected to the PC - if you connect the drive as a hardware device, it gets another drive letter, such as D:, which IS a CD-ROM type drive.

So, to My Movies, when you have your V:, you do not have a drive connected, as this is NOT a CD-ROM type drive, but a standard virtual drive type.

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows
imowiz
Posted: Friday, April 01, 2016 2:04:59 PM

Its all good now. Thanks
binnerup
Posted: Friday, April 01, 2016 8:14:44 PM

ellisr63
Posted: Friday, March 08, 2019 10:26:08 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (23)
Am I reading this correctly...in order for it to work my mkv movies must be listed as discs, and not movies...Or is this just for ISO?
binnerup
Posted: Saturday, March 09, 2019 7:42:28 AM