Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Plex and MyMovies Options · View
polypete
Posted: Sunday, September 25, 2016 3:03:55 PM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (10673)
Hi,

Old user from MyMovies, I try a new best solution for all device and for all media files : PLEX.

PLEX work fine, now I need to complete metadata PLEX from MyMovies.dk database (SQL). After, I continue to use MyMovies as a reference table for the best current product for all input information (movies) and use PLEX for play all movies in all device.

I see different information (use .nfo XBMC for exemple) but I need tu understand how it's possible to interface MyMovies with Plex ?

Best Regards.
binnerup
Posted: Sunday, September 25, 2016 6:52:26 PM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (155522)
polypete
Posted: Sunday, September 25, 2016 7:58:52 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (10673)
It's a pity, we had 2 better solutions for the management of movies, the must database with Mymovies, the must multiplatform server stream with Plex !!

Any dev in the future ? Maby a new export format (same that XBMC nfo for exemple) ?
polypete
Posted: Monday, September 26, 2016 6:02:05 AM

binnerup wrote:
It unfortunately is not - Plex does not work with external meta-data like XBMC/Kodi does, otherwise we would surely support Plex.

Strange.... I try to use XBMC.nfo files generate by MyMovies into 6 movies, into PLEX use Agent XBMC.nfo, scan movies and work, not for all but work for image only.

For me it's only a problem to format this information to input this into Metadata PLEX, not ?

Image movie import

Image HD import

polypete
Posted: Monday, September 26, 2016 6:07:13 AM

Might have a line :

External metadata providers can be queried by Plex with so-called 'metadata agents'.
If these metadata providers have a API which can be accessed through a internet URL, someone could write a custom agent for it.
There are already custom agents for other metadata websites available for use in Plex.
Examples are 'CinéPassion' for french metadata or 'OFDb.de' for german or the AnimeDB agent.
If you already have a kind of 'movie media manager' software which writes Kodi-compatible .nfo files, you could install the .nfo importer agents into Plex. These will read the metadata from the .nfo files and import them into the database of your Plex server.

In my souvenirs, you have to create a scrapper for XBMC who made that, no?

http://wiki.mymovies.dk/My%20Movies%20XBMC%20Scraper.ashx

http://www.mymovies.dk/products/my-movies-xbmc-scraper.aspx

My question into PLex Forum :

https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/234633/plex-media-server-and-mymovies-dk#latest

mcurrier21
Posted: Tuesday, October 19, 2021 11:12:43 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (3682)
Yes I know this is an old post but I figured someone may find it useful..

The way I do it is a bit lengthy but it works for me.

First I copy the full disk using CloneDVD/CloneBD along with AnyDVD* with no compression.
-I have the main folder as the movie name and the AUDIO and VIDEO folders inside that.

Next I use Handbrake to convert the VOBs to an MP4 with my custom settings
-I have it saving the MP4 file in the same folder as the AUDIO and VIDEO folders and automatically naming the file the same as the parent folder.

Then I use MyMovies to collect the metadata and direct it to the movie folder.
-I have it set to save ALL options of metadata to the folder. (I do that to future proof my database incase I change how I'm watching them)

Then I use MetaX, it imports all the metadata that was saved by MyMovies and saves it into the mp4. It can also search for Metadata as well if you want to change front covers. It will also import into iTunes if you want it to which is handy for use with AppleTV.
-I also tweak some of the information like the Title if I want to add the year to it such as "Evil Dead (1981)" and "Evil Dead (2013)".
-I also tweak the Sort for movies like the Rambo movies. Rambo 2 takes place before the original Rambo so I change the sort here so that the movies are listed in sequence of events in Plex.
-I do this customization in MetaX so this way I have the MyMovies metadata exactly as it was downloaded and I don't accidently contribute custom settings.

Then I tell Plex to search my movie directory for changes.
-I have Plex set to use the local metadata first to use the metadata in the mp4 so it matches the MyMovies metadata.

I keep all my full disc copies incase I need to reconvert the MP4 or need to convert to a different format in the future, I realize not everyone has the storage capacity I have but I think it's wise to keep the original format digital backup incase of loss or damage to the DVDs. I am also considering backing up the entire movie directory to Backblaze which offers unlimited cloud backup storage incase my RAID6 array loses too many drives to recover and/or the controller fries. Yes, there is software than can recover the data incase of a controller board dying but with the rule of storage, you always need a backup to your backup to your backup, etc and backblaze offers that in an unlimited capacity so why not?

This is just how I do my collection and I am by no means saying this is the definitive method, it just works for me.

I am not promoting any of the software or services I listed above, just stating what I am using and/or planning on using.

Dell PowerEdge T420 - 8x 6TB in Raid6
Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials
MyMovies for Server
Plex Server
Rokus EVERYWHERE!!!

* Installing and/or using AnyDVD is illegal in some countries. Users are themselves responsible for complying with local law when installing and using AnyDVD.