Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

NOVA TV Series is still Broken Options · View
johnnyicemaker
Posted: Tuesday, January 16, 2018 6:07:41 PM

Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (55570)
I think the NOVA TV Series has been broken on the server side. I have a DVD that was linked to this TV Series and got the message that the series was deleted and then the DVD mapping was removed from the DVD. The DVD was linked to Season 32, Episode 8 "Mystery of the Megaflood". I checked the TV Series and noticed that this episode is still there, but looking further, Season 32 has duplicate episode numbers... and it is missing many episode numbers. Episodes 1-7 are missing, and episode numbers 9-14 are shown twice, although the title is different for each number. I looked further and there are many other seasons in this series with the same problem. I think this series has been broken on the server side. Looking at www.thetvdb.com this series is intact, so I am thinking there must be some problem between the TVDB database and the MyMovies database.
andycob
Posted: Tuesday, February 13, 2018 9:32:01 PM

Groups: Administration , Member, Moderator

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (131928)
TVDB's data will not replace what has been locally edited so at a guess this looks like maybe users miss editing the episode numbers. I notice that while the numbering is duplicated the episode titles are not so simply correcting and contributing the right numbering would seem the best solution.
johnnyicemaker
Posted: Tuesday, February 13, 2018 9:57:25 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (55570)
I tried changing the episode numbers for Season 32. I have the DVD of Season 32 Episode 8 that is linked to this TV Series, this is how I know the series had been messed up in the first place. I tried to contribute the new episode number for Episode 1, but I get the error message "You cannot change the season or episodenumber of an existing episode - please use the 'Report Incorrect Data' button." There are 100's of episodes in the series that are messed up like this season, so reporting each one would be extremely tedious, and I am not up for that challenge. I did notice that when looking at the "View History" of a couple of episodes in this season some were contributed by the web service on 3/10/2014 and others were contributed by the webservice on 10/10/2017. This is about when my DVD was first detached from the TV Series and ultimately prompted this thread. I think this has all been done on the webservice side of things, as there is nothing showing malicious edits to the episodes, to mess up the episode numbers. Besides, a regular user like me apparently can't change the episode numbers anyway. What do I do now?
andycob
Posted: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 1:16:23 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (131928)
Ah yes my bad only mods can alter episode numbers that already exist, funnily exactly to stop users creating this sort of mess. It's odd to see duplicate episode numbers like that as I think even for a mod the system won't actually let you create a duplicate when editing them, though I'm not sure on that, I haven't changed any episode numbers recently myself, though they might conceivably import that way if the source data at TVDB was erroneous at the time of import.

In theory it would require reporting them all individually for correction, the only other possibility I think would be to delete the series from the web service and let it re-import from TVDB, though I think that may remove or invalidate any existing mapping, at least for any episodes with changed numbering, though given the duplicate numbering I am not even sure that mapping that works. The developers might consider allowing the delete and re-import it if the amount of episodes affected was large enough and the TVDB data is correct but I can't say if they would or not.

Is the TVDB data complete and correct? and just how many seasons and episodes are affected by duplicate episode numbers?
johnnyicemaker
Posted: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 2:13:14 AM

I can't be certain to the level of completion of the TVDB information, but they don't have duplicate episode numbers, and aren't nearly as messed up as the MyMovies database. At some point back in October of last year, something happened to this series and these episodes numbers were screwed up. I was given a notification when syncing my collection that the Series was deleted, and the DVD that I have that was mapped to a specific episode lost it's mapping. I subsequently remapped the episode to the correct one and everything is fine for my one DVD. But, in researching the database I noticed a much bigger problem. Ironically my DVD episode is the first correct numbered one in its particular season, Season 32 Episode 8, episodes 1-7 are incorrectly numbered in that season.

This Series is currently 44 Seasons and counting, so there are many to be fixed. In my brief search through the database there are multiple seasons that have the same errors, duplicate and missing episode numbers. My observation shows Seasons 9 - 11 and 14 - 42 all have some sort of episode number issue. On average there are about 8 or 9 episodes that are messed up, multiplied by 32 Seasons that I have observed with problems, equals 256 to 288 total episodes that need to be renumbered! It is "kind of" a mess.
andycob
Posted: Thursday, February 15, 2018 2:34:00 PM

I have got the developers to have a look and try and see if they can figure out how this got messed up and maybe resolve it.

Deleting is obviously an absolute last resort that is essentially a big no-no as that has some pretty major side effects for anyone with the series already but given the scope of the issue on this it might be considered if it can't be fixed any other way.
andycob
Posted: Thursday, February 15, 2018 2:50:08 PM

It does look like something weird happened here with the current data getting imported from TVDB but despite no user edits being made it does not seem to have subsequently ever updated again.

The devs are trying to see if this can be made to update from TVDB which hopefully will pull the current correct data without the issues that would come with deleting the whole thing first.
binnerup
Posted: Thursday, February 15, 2018 3:51:14 PM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (52)
johnnyicemaker
Posted: Thursday, February 15, 2018 11:51:13 PM

Almost there. Still have some issues in database with Seasons 40 - 42.

Season 40: Episode count goes from 1-15 to 22-24. Missing Episodes 16-21.
Season 41: Duplicate episode numbers for 1-6 and the duplicates aren't even episodes in this season. Missing Episodes 14, 22 & 23.
Season 42: Episodes 1-8 aren't episodes in this season, they are episodes 14-21 from season 41. Duplicate episode numbers 7, 9-16 & 18.

See attached screenshots from Collection Management and TheTVDB for each season.

File Attachment(s):
NOVA Season 40.jpg (455kb) downloaded 27 time(s).
NOVA Season 41.jpg (447kb) downloaded 25 time(s).
NOVA Season 42.jpg (484kb) downloaded 26 time(s).

binnerup
Posted: Thursday, February 15, 2018 11:52:55 PM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (52)
40-42 where the only ones marked as being edited in our service, and then they won't be updated from TVDB....

It does not explain missing, unless it is only of the other episodes that are the correct one...

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows
johnnyicemaker
Posted: Friday, February 16, 2018 12:00:06 AM

Is this only happening on my install of My Movies Collection Management? A sync of my collection showed that 180-some TV Episodes were "updated", assuming they were the ones I reported that were messed up yesterday. All seasons except 40-42 look to be fine now. Season 40, just missing episodes. Season 41 duplicates are of other episodes from another season and the correct episodes. Still missing a few episodes too. Season 42, Many episodes are mis-numbered and some episodes are from another season. Please look at the screenshots I posted to see what I am seeing on my side of things.
johnnyicemaker
Posted: Friday, April 27, 2018 12:13:35 AM

There still seems to be issue with seasons 41 and 42 of the NOVA TV Series.

I have added the missing episodes in Season 40 and 41 as noted above. Problems still remaining are:
Season 41 duplicates are of other episodes from another season and the correct episodes.
Season 42, Many episodes are mis-numbered and some episodes are from another season.

I error reported the problems for each episode in question and have not received a reply since mid-February. I let this go for a while to make sure time was given for the moderators to address this. I checked the history of the episodes in question and I don't see my username on the list for any of the episodes that have issues. I have just sent new error reports for each again.

Episodes that still have issue:
Season 41 - Episodes 1-6 (duplicates)
Season 42 - Episodes 1-10 (duplicates) 11-16 & 18 (wrong episode numbers, correct season)

Wondering two things.
1. Are my error reports going through, and
2. If they are going through what is the estimated time when they will be fixed?

Being TV Series I would love to fix these, but am not authorized to delete episodes or renumber episodes.

Thanks, Joe.
johnnyicemaker
Posted: Thursday, December 13, 2018 1:49:47 AM

I have given the developers plenty of time to fix these issues, last reported in April. It is now December and still not changed. These seasons and episodes are still incorrect as noted above. I have again reported these errors for correction, but I think the reporting function may not be working either, as I don't see my previous reports from February or April in the history, and upon newly reporting today, I don't see my new report being logged in the history either.