Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Problems entering the path of movie files Options · View
astraub
Posted: Sunday, May 13, 2018 6:58:18 PM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (1407)
Hi,

just started using the new MyMovies 2 for Mac. I found that when I enter the location of an actual movie file
EXACTLY the same way as I did before (using the Windows version of MyMovies) - I also checked with the
windows version - then my iPad App sees the entry, but when trying to play the movie on my Dune player,
I receive the message that the path could not be found.

Most interestingly - when I use the Windows version - the exact same path is being used. After synching, the
movie could be played with the ipad MyMovies.

What could have gone wrong here? Is there anything else, besides the actual media path, that is required to
use the MyMovies iPad App to remotely control the Dune player?

Greetings
Andreas
binnerup
Posted: Monday, May 14, 2018 7:14:22 AM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (131626)
astraub
Posted: Saturday, May 19, 2018 10:48:43 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (1407)
Hi,

well, that is still somehow unclear.

I found that in the "metadata" section a large list of all possible paths ever used(?) appears. I can then in some of them enter a login name and password (which appears to be inserted
in the access path) and finally authorize the access. The others allow entry of the credentials, but I cannot select the path.

This worked for all my "main" access paths for my NAS except the TV series folder. This does not show up and it also now prevents playing all episodes from the IOS App remote :-(

There are however a lot of other paths - some using direct IP addresses, some with slightly different case - I assume these are all the combination I tried while debugging this issue.
Can I manually add an access path - for example to get back my TV series folder?

Is there a way to clean this up - so I see only the paths, which are actually being used in my database?

Greetings
Andreas
astraub
Posted: Sunday, July 15, 2018 9:51:08 AM

I still need some help with this matter ....

Greetings
Andreas
binnerup
Posted: Sunday, July 15, 2018 10:04:29 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (131626)
astraub
Posted: Thursday, August 23, 2018 4:54:28 PM

Hi,

this list looks like it tries to get access for each and every movie I want to add. Isn't there a simple way to allow access to a server directory on a NAS?
That should simplify things a lot ...

I attach a small part of a very long list, that I obviously cannot control ...

Greetings
Andreas

File Attachment(s):
Bildschirmfoto 2018-08-23 um 16.51.32.png (727kb) downloaded 12 time(s).

astraub
Posted: Monday, August 27, 2018 5:37:05 PM

Hi,

I did multiple tests in the meantime.

1) I was updating an exiting path in the Mac application and synched the changes. The iPad also synched,
but was still using the "old" previously entered path (entered in the windows application)

2) I was creating a new disk entry. The entry synched fine with the iPad application, but when trying to
play the movie using my Dune player, I got the message, that there is no playback path and I should
enter this in the data base.

I also made sure that the access rights to the path are fine. I can actually see the user and password data
being used in the pathname shown by my Dune player.

So I am absolutely convinced now, that the Mac application does not transfer/synch the media path name
and this way the iPad application cannot start the playback.

How can I fix this? Does the application on the Mac need an update? For me it is not usable the way it is now.

Greetings
Andreas
astraub
Posted: Friday, September 07, 2018 8:59:24 AM

I really need some help here - thanks!
astraub
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2018 10:45:50 AM

I slowly believe I am being ignored.

The fact that the pathnames are not synchronized correctly makes the Mac application mostly useless for me. Could someone please check
this and propose a fix?

Thank You
Andreas Straub
astraub
Posted: Saturday, January 05, 2019 10:36:01 AM

Is anyone looking at this at all? This is a major functional issue, after all.

Greetings
Andreas
astraub
Posted: Tuesday, August 20, 2019 6:26:40 PM

This is still an open issue. Up to now, I still have to use the windows application to enter new data. I begin to wonder, why I bought this Mac application ....
binnerup
Posted: Wednesday, August 21, 2019 7:52:04 AM