Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Title Sort Wall View - Quick "Tab/Jump" Letters Options · View
johnnyicemaker
Posted: Thursday, November 15, 2018 7:00:49 PM

Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (55570)
This might be a very specific issue.

When Title Sort with Cover/Poster Grid (wall) View is set the quick link letters on the right hand side of the display are hard to see with the covers in the grid overlapping the letters. Version 2 allowed for a bit of space on the right hand side of the display between the covers and the letters so there was no overlap. See screen captures attached, Version 2 on top, Version 3 on bottom. This is on iPad Air 2 with most current iOS 12.1. Can this space be added back into the display, seeing the letters over the covers is very difficult. With a 3000+ title collection this quick jump function is used a lot.

johnnyicemaker attached the following image(s):
Version 2.jpg
Version 3.jpg

binnerup
Posted: Friday, November 16, 2018 10:29:09 AM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (52)
johnnyicemaker
Posted: Friday, November 16, 2018 6:45:41 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (55570)
Thanks.

As a suggestion. I would be fine with brighter letters. Only in the case of "white" covers would you not be able to really see them. But as it is now any bright color on the covers "block out" the screened letters. Maybe just make the letters 100% instead of the 50% or so screening (guessing) that you currently have them set to.

FYI, I tried the White theme to see if it was any better, not much... Blue letters show over more covers, but there are still instances when it is very difficult to see the letters behind a cover. Depending on the colors on the cover/poster the darker the more difficult it is to see the letters.

Optimally I would like to see the separation between the covers and letters as in version 2, but hopefully you can do something to improve, as this is a very important feature for me.
binnerup
Posted: Saturday, November 17, 2018 7:18:56 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (52)
The reason it does not affect V2 is that the covers by default have enough space for it to fit - you can also increase spacing in this version, and it will fit - the situation here is that you can now configure both cover size and spacing, and then at some point there is no room for it.

We are going to play with different options - ideally, I would like it to have a minimum spacing on that size, which kicks in if natural spacing is too low, but it might be problematic to implement - this view have to perform really well.

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows
binnerup
Posted: Tuesday, November 20, 2018 9:09:18 AM

binnerup
Posted: Monday, November 26, 2018 10:40:22 AM

johnnyicemaker
Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2018 8:36:34 PM

Much Better! Thanks for fixing! Tried both black and white themes, working for both. Works great, no cover overlap issues at all now.
binnerup
Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2018 9:04:00 PM