Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Can't Report Missing Title from Android App Due to Error Finding IMDB Options · View
sbradfor
Posted: Sunday, November 25, 2018 6:20:12 PM

Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (65)
I'm running the Android app on a Pixel 3 it gives me an error when I try to report a missing title during the find it on IMDB.com. It gives an error (webpage not available/could not be located because net: ERR_CLEARTEXT_NOT_PERMITTED)

So I can't report that "The Christmas Secret" isn't in the database.

Here is the link to it on IMDB.com: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3626180/?ref_=nv_sr_1

When will this film be added and when will this error be fixed?

Thank you.
binnerup
Posted: Sunday, November 25, 2018 9:15:51 PM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (52)
This is not a known error - can you make a screeenshot of it please?

The movie cannot be reported missing using other methods - the alternative is to create and contribute it from Windows or Mac, but if not contributed I cannot say when the title will be available.

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows
sbradfor
Posted: Monday, December 03, 2018 1:53:51 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (65)
Here is a screenshot. I'm not sure how to upload the picture, so here is the link: Error pic

Additionally, I am not getting notified of new replies for some reason via email.

binnerup wrote:
This is not a known error - can you make a screeenshot of it please?

The movie cannot be reported missing using other methods - the alternative is to create and contribute it from Windows or Mac, but if not contributed I cannot say when the title will be available.

mbarnstijn
Posted: Monday, December 03, 2018 2:18:55 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (104116)
Google Chrome is complaining about any websites without HTTPS secure connections. I think eventually they will block all HTTP web connections. This is a process Google is going through in a (misguided?) attempt to improve user security.

Could that have something to do with it?

--michael
oldhorse
Posted: Monday, December 03, 2018 5:34:56 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (7709)
Go to IMDB website, search title, tt No shows in the browser, just enter it manually.
sbradfor
Posted: Monday, December 03, 2018 8:29:36 PM

mbarnstijn wrote:
Google Chrome is complaining about any websites without HTTPS secure connections. I think eventually they will block all HTTP web connections. This is a process Google is going through in a (misguided?) attempt to improve user security.

Could that have something to do with it?

--michael

Could be. All I know is I can't get this movie added due to this issue.
sbradfor
Posted: Thursday, December 06, 2018 1:17:42 AM

So will there be a fix for this?
jkwaterman
Posted: Thursday, December 06, 2018 5:35:22 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2726)
sbradfor wrote:

If you are using Google chrome and if google Chrome is the issue, you will need to try another browser like Firefox........
sbradfor
Posted: Friday, December 07, 2018 2:19:05 AM

jkwaterman wrote:
sbradfor wrote:

If you are using Google chrome and if google Chrome is the issue, you will need to try another browser like Firefox........

So it isn't known? I'd be surprised if Chrome wasn't supported since it is the most widely used browser on the planet.
binnerup
Posted: Friday, December 07, 2018 8:06:32 AM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (52)