Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

This problem could go in a lot of locations, Dune, MyMovies, Windows Home Server. Options · View
sfoster4
Posted: Tuesday, December 25, 2018 4:53:03 PM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2500)
I have had WHS 2011 with a Dune 3.0 for a few years. The setup is a behemoth. I wanted to down size. Now I am a Mac guy and have been for 15 years so at the time I had to build a server for WHS. Just like me everything ages so I purchased a new Dune 4k Pro, a new Mac Mini 2018 and a thunderbolt disk (60TB) to move my movies to run WHS on through VMWare Fusion.

Nice idea but I ran into a few road blocks.

I can only run the Thunderbolt 3 disk system on the Mac. No drivers for windows so I have to virtualize WHS and then its fine. No problem right? Wrong. When VMWare tried to create the VM for WHS it would fail, probably because it wanted only allocate 40 GB and WHS wanted I believe over a 100GB to start. So I thought not problem. Create a Bootcamp partition and then virtualize it with VMWare. Apple in there infinite wisdom decide that with the latest macOS release you can only install Windows 10. Crap.

So now I am thinking I should have purchased a new Zappiti instead of a Dune because it supports macOS natively. I have over 4k invested in the new Macmini and disk setup so I am not getting rid of that. I have enjoyed my Dune and MyMovies. I am asking if anyone has an idea here.
binnerup
Posted: Wednesday, December 26, 2018 9:53:12 AM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (52)
We do not have a meta-data storage option for the Mac OS X natively - the option available is to use the mobile apps to browse and remote launch playback.

But Mac and Dune in our world does not have the same support as on Windows, sorry.

We simply do not have enough users on Mac who are interested in this, compared to how long it takes to implement.

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows
sfoster4
Posted: Wednesday, December 26, 2018 2:50:48 PM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2500)
Would I be correct in saying that Windows 10 can only keep track of MyMovies like it does on the Mac. Do you see any options for using the Dune and MyMovies with Windows 10?.
binnerup
Posted: Wednesday, December 26, 2018 10:33:36 PM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (52)