Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

How to create child title from movie not BR or DVD Options · View
tigerdreams
Posted: Wednesday, January 02, 2019 10:16:16 PM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (7551)
Hello,

I am trying to finish a french box set (les Gendarmes) but the movies inside do not exist in BR apart from the box.
So I guess I need to create the child title from a movie (in Add a title)?

Especially challenging as there are 2 movies per Blu Ray ;)

Any help?
domohh
Posted: Saturday, January 05, 2019 5:22:37 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2949)
If a title has two movies on one disc, add the disc as child title and name the local title likes this:

First disc:
"Moviename 1 / Moviename 2"
Sort title: "Boxsetname 01: Moviename 1 / Moviename 2"

Second disc:
"Moviename 3 / Moviename 4"
Sort title: "Boxsetname 02: Moviename 3 / Moviename 4"

And so on...

I see no other way, I have the same problem with a Sherlock Holmes Box set, which also contains 2 movies on one disc, in total 14 movies on 7 discs...
andycob
Posted: Saturday, January 05, 2019 6:14:23 PM

Groups: Administration , Member, Moderator

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (132078)
Incorrect, please see box set guidelines, this situation is covered in the guidelines.

Box sets are based on content not packaging or discs.

It doesn't make any difference if the movies are on one disc or many, you add one child title for each movie (though not cuts of the same movie) and you put the relevant disc the movie is on in the disc tab of the child title and set the title selection from the structure accordingly for the individual movie. It does not matter that the same disc is used on multiple child titles of the box set. A single case four movie on one disc box set would still have 4 child titles, each child would have the same disc in its disc tab though with the relevant individual title selection from the disc structure.
domohh
Posted: Monday, January 07, 2019 6:01:52 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2949)
andycob wrote:
Incorrect, please see box set guidelines, this situation is covered in the guidelines.

Box sets are based on content not packaging or discs.

It doesn't make any difference if the movies are on one disc or many, you add one child title for each movie (though not cuts of the same movie) and you put the relevant disc the movie is on in the disc tab of the child title and set the title selection from the structure accordingly for the individual movie. It does not matter that the same disc is used on multiple child titles of the box set. A single case four movie on one disc box set would still have 4 child titles, each child would have the same disc in its disc tab though with the relevant individual title selection from the disc structure.

If you mean this guide I can't find the part, how I proceed when I have two movies on one disc. If I add an offline title, I have to select the media type, i.e. a Blu-ray. Then I name the disc title "Moviename 1 / Moviename 2" and Sort title: "Boxsetname 01: Moviename 1 / Moviename 2" correct? Then I add two movies manually and how do I connect it now with the disc? This isn't clear to me right now.
andycob
Posted: Monday, January 07, 2019 10:52:11 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (132078)
No you would add an individual child title for each movie, just the same as if they were all on separate discs.

The child profiles of a box set will always be for one movie, never two, regardless of how the movies are on the disc(s).

Your box set will have two child titles Moviename 1 and then a second Moviename 2, regardless of whether they are both on one disc or on two separate discs. The child profiles will have the same disc in the disc tab of each child title.
domohh
Posted: Monday, January 07, 2019 10:57:05 PM

andycob wrote:
No you would add an individual child title for each movie, just the same as if they were all on separate discs.

The child profiles of a box set will always be for one movie, never two, regardless of how the movies are on the disc(s).

Your box set will have two child titles Moviename 1 and then a second Moviename 2, regardless of whether they are both on one disc or on two separate discs. The child profiles will have the same disc in the disc tab of each child title.

Ahh OK, got it. Maybe this case has to be made clear in the guide, it's not described. So two movies will then have the same disc ID, correct?
andycob
Posted: Tuesday, January 08, 2019 12:36:05 AM

Yes if both movies are on the same disc then the same disc with the same disc id will appear on both child titles.

However you can read the disc structure and set the main movie title track selection for just the specific movie on the specific child title.