Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Contribution of a title with reversible cover Options · View
valelon
Posted: Saturday, February 09, 2019 4:36:03 PM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (9283)
I dont't know how to contribute a title that contains 2 movies on a single disc with reversible cover (one side of the cover for the first movie with barcode, the other side of the cover for the second movie without the barcode). I was thinking to contribute it as a box set with the two child title, but i don't know exactly what cover and description put on the box set container profile, cause it will be exactly the same of one of the child title.

Thanks for the help
jkwaterman
Posted: Saturday, February 09, 2019 7:53:37 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2726)
valelon wrote:
I dont't know how to contribute a title that contains 2 movies on a single disc with reversible cover (one side of the cover for the first movie with barcode, the other side of the cover for the second movie without the barcode). I was thinking to contribute it as a box set with the two child title, but i don't know exactly what cover and description put on the box set container profile, cause it will be exactly the same of one of the child title.

Thanks for the help

You do know that that under the titles discs, that there is a side A and side B where you enter a 2 sided discs?

Jamie

File Attachment(s):
2 sided discs.jpg (583kb) downloaded 10 time(s).

mbarnstijn
Posted: Saturday, February 09, 2019 9:47:01 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (107876)
Um, @jkwaterman, the OP was talking about the COVER ART for the 2-movie title being a reversible cover, with art for the first movie on one side of the COVER, and art for the second movie on the other side of the COVER.

Nothing in the post about a double-sided disc...

@valeon,

This is definitely treated as a box set, with the barcoded side of the cover used as the parent profile cover, and then that same cover for the first child, and the reverse of the cover for the second child.

If there was something on the original "as-new" packaging that identified the title as having two movies, like a slip case for the whole thing, or something stuck on the plastic wrapper before it was removed, then that should be part of the scan for the parent profile. That would also satisfy the desire to have something "different" to set the parent apart from the two child titles.

Cheers,

--michael
mbarnstijn
Posted: Saturday, February 09, 2019 9:47:15 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (107876)
Darn, accidentally clicked twice on "Post" for the above post.

--michael
andycob
Posted: Saturday, February 09, 2019 11:22:48 PM

Groups: Administration , Member, Moderator

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (132074)
This item is going to be a box set based on your description as it contains two different movies. The parent cover is going to be the primary as sold cover with the barcode.

The situation with the covers for the childs though is not one that has specifically been covered. As a general rule reversible covers should not be used with the contributed cover always being the 'as sold' primary version but this specific situation for a potential box set might well be an exception when it comes to the child title profile.

An argument could be made that by strict interpretation of the guidelines the primary cover should be used throughout for the parent and all childs just as it would be for any single case box set that only has a single cover. However if the primary and reverse covers are title specific then for a box set using the reverse cover for the specific child might well be accepted but its a little hard to be 100% definitive on that without sight of the covers. It will also likely need some explanation and possible correspondence when contributing as even if we ultimately accept the reverse cover for the child it will likely look wrong on contribution and may lead to an initial decline if the nature of the item is not explained.
valelon
Posted: Sunday, February 10, 2019 8:09:30 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (9283)
thank you for the answer, i'll explain the nature of the item in the notes of the contribution then, and maybe i'll quote your answer. Thanks again :)
mbarnstijn
Posted: Sunday, February 10, 2019 1:37:54 PM

Out of curiosity, where did you get this two-movie package, and which two movies is it? I've never seen a multi-movie title that didn't mention somewhere on the shrink-wrapped original that there was more than one movie inside. Not even a little sticker on the shrink wrap? That sticker would make the cover art for the parent title different from the two child titles.

Cheers,

--michael
valelon
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2019 10:14:02 AM

mbarnstijn wrote:
Out of curiosity, where did you get this two-movie package, and which two movies is it? I've never seen a multi-movie title that didn't mention somewhere on the shrink-wrapped original that there was more than one movie inside. Not even a little sticker on the shrink wrap? That sticker would make the cover art for the parent title different from the two child titles.

Cheers,

--michael

it's the english release of "the whispering star" from director sion sono, here it is the 2 covers, there was no sticker on the shrink wrap

andycob
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2019 4:28:11 PM

Groups: Administration , Member, Moderator

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (132074)
Ok looking at those it does fortunately mention on the rear that the 'documentary' is included with the reversible cover. There could be some debate as whether that second title is an 'extra' or bonus item, but IMDB indicates it had a theatrical release of its own and so has an IMDB ID then treating this as a box set and using the reverse cover on the child for the 'documentary' feature would seem reasonable though as I said it will look very wrong at a glance so if it gets declined on the first attempt just correspond with the mod who handled.
deprongmori
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2019 7:09:14 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (12890)
I've got a related, and much trickier situation. I have a solution I wish to propose, though slightly unorthodox, that should solve the problem cleanly. I just want to run it by you and get approval before submitting the box set.

It's the "Early Murnau: Five Films, 1921-1925" (barcode 5060000702224)* from Eureka Masters of Cinema. The box set consists of two Keepcases(HD,Low) and a book, all inside a slipcase. For simplicity, we'll ignore the slipcase as it is straightforward -- front and back. Like Criterion, Eureka assigns Spine#'s to their titles. This box set contains five Spine#'s: 140, 141, 142, 143, 144. This will simplify the description of the problem and the proposed solution. The cover art for the keepcases is double-sided reversible, and I will refer to the Keepcase number plus the word "outer" and "inner" to reflect which side of the double-sided (reversible) cover art I am referring to. Let's call the Child record front and back "A' and"B". I've attached all the coverart scanned as-is, as well as clipped and numbered into my proposed arrangement. You might want to look at the supporting images in the zip file to best follow the description.

Keepcase1 consists of two Blu-ray discs, each with two films on it for a total of four films in the keepcase.
Disc1 contains #140: "Schloss Vogelod"; #141: "Phantom"; special video features
Disc2 contains #142: "The Grand Duke's Finances"; #143: "Tartuffe"; special video features

The outer cover art for Keepcase1 (filename: EarlyMurnau1outer.jpg) displays #140's cover on the front, and #143's cover on the back.
The inner cover art for Keepcase1 (filename: EarlyMurnau1inner.jpg), when reversed, displays #142's cover on the front, and #141's cover on the back.

Keepcase2 consists of a single Blu-ray disc, with a single film and additional special video features.
Disc3 contains #144: "Der letzte Mann (The Last Laugh)"

The outer cover art for Keepcase2 (filename: EarlyMurnau2outer.jpg) displays #144's front cover on the front, and #144's back cover on the back. (Easy peasy!)
The inner cover art for Keepcase2 (filename: EarlyMurnau2inner.jpg), when reversed, displays the description of #143 and about the special Disc1 and Disc2 features on the front, and descriptions of #140, #141, and #142 on the back. (All very confusing!)

My proposal:
#140A: Front cover art for this film from EarlyMurnau1outer.jpg (the front or "A" side of the wrapped "outer" full cover)
#140B: Back cover is the description of #140 from EarlyMurnau2inner.jpg (the back or "B" side of the wrapped "inner" full cover, when reversed)

#141A: Front cover art for this film from EarlyMurnau1inner.jpg (the back or "B" side of the wrapped "inner" full cover, when reversed)
#141B: Back cover is the description of #141 from EarlyMurnau2inner.jpg (the back or "B" side of the wrapped "inner" full cover, when reversed)

#142A: Front cover art for this film from EarlyMurnau1inner.jpg (the front or "A" side of the wrapped "inner" full cover, when reversed)
#142B: Back cover is the description of #142 from EarlyMurnau2inner.jpg (the back or "B" side of the wrapped "inner" full cover, when reversed)

#143A: Front cover art for this film from EarlyMurnau1outer.jpg (the back or "B" side of the wrapped "outer" full cover)
#143B: Back cover is the description of #143 from EarlyMurnau2inner.jpg (the front or "A" side of the wrapped "inner" full cover, when reversed)

#144A/144B: Easy. We treat the EarlyMurnau2outer.jpg as a normal cover, which has front back cover art exactly where we would expect to find them.

The result of this is that each child will get a front cover reflecting the child film, and a back cover with a description of that film. (I've got all the cropped A&B sides in the zip file, so you can see exactly what the front and back of each would look like.)

Let me know if I should go ahead and proceed with this proposal.

File Attachment(s):
EarlyMurnau.zip (356kb) downloaded 3 time(s).

deprongmori
Posted: Thursday, February 14, 2019 10:47:43 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (12890)
I submitted the set with the fronts/backs as described. Comments welcome.