Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Question on “Cover Type” and “Cover Art” for “Trilogía de Guillermo del Toro” box set (barcode7 Options · View
deprongmori
Posted: Thursday, March 21, 2019 10:25:04 PM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (18588)
I’m surprised that this box set is not yet populated in the service, but it’s probably because the contribution guidelines are not clear for this case. Title: “Trilogía de Guillermo del Toro” Barcode: 715515187015 (pictures attached)

The box set is literally in a box, so “Cover Type” of the parent is clearly “Box”. It is also clear that the cover art for the parent should be the front and back of the box itself. My understanding of the population of “Description” for the parent is different than how I understand it should be populated. My understanding is that the text should only be what is on the actual back cover of the parent.

The three child records for the three feature films is generally straightforward, but the proper population of the “Cover Type” and images for the front and back “Cover Art”. The discs are contained in three of the four leaves that open up from inside the base of the box into four directions, and which enclose a book. Each of the three leaves has art specific for that film on one side, and text specific to that film for the other side. Each leaf has a pocket which encloses its disc (See attached photos)

Questions:

A) Should the “Cover Type” be listed as “Other” here, or as “Box”, or something else?

B) Should the dedicated leaf for the film be scanned on both sides and used as the “Front Cover” and “Back Cover” for each child film? (Photos of front and back of the “Pan’s Labyrinth” leaf attached for reference. Note, this is *not* the scan that would be properly cropped and submitted, but just a quick photo.)

C) If “yes” to “B”, then the description for that film should clearly be drawn from that leaf. But if “no” to “B”, the description will be drawn from something for which no visual evidence is submitted. I would tend toward scanning and presenting the dedicated leaves as the covers, which has the benefit of accuracy, visual interest, same shape as the box itself (square), and full textual availability. Could the moderators provide some guidance here?

File Attachment(s):
4FF39EE8-AF8A-4E4C-98F5-25737DAC8E82.jpeg (894kb) downloaded 8 time(s).
C106E9BD-389F-4327-8885-2EF6FEAE7AEB.jpeg (3,290kb) downloaded 7 time(s).
990CE960-94FB-46F0-B4D7-3110AE2BEB9F.jpeg (616kb) downloaded 5 time(s).
3CC96D7D-CB4E-48D4-AAA5-E856DB92559A.jpeg (520kb) downloaded 5 time(s).

deprongmori
Posted: Tuesday, March 26, 2019 2:18:05 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (18588)
Any guidance on this one?
Lofwyr2030
Posted: Saturday, July 27, 2019 4:22:07 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (309)
I would add it as "Box" and use scans of the front and back cover. And I think it should be added as a box set. https://www.mymovies.dk/how-to/written-documentation.aspx?Page=Contributing%20Box%20Sets