Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

My Movies won't install Options · View
mercurial1
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2019 7:47:13 PM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2500)
Having used MyMovies successfully for a number of years I now cannot get it to start.
I get the same error repeatedly..... there was a problem connecting to the local database server. The program cannot continue.
I'm running MyMovies Client Server 5.24, with Windows 10.
C drive is an SSD and other drive is a regular HDD.
The SQL Server (MYMOVIES) in Services says Windows can't start it with an error code 945
The SQL Server Agent does the same with error code 1088 stating that it could not start the service on Local Computer

Any help would be greatly appreciated

kaweber
Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2019 8:17:23 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (0)
I am getting the same error after install on new PC. Installed all Windows 10updates, drivers etc. Even uninstalled my Anti-virus and getting same results.

Worked perfect on my old machine.

Used current download from their website.

Sure would like to get some help on this.
bhevle
Posted: Monday, July 15, 2019 9:17:56 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2664)
You can wait till you don't live on this planet anymore. Because i'm also still waiting for a solution on my problem with the software... But since 6 months, no solution...

I don't know what's going on with the developers, but it's a pain in the balls with so many issues on the program, tho it's really good to use...
binnerup
Posted: Wednesday, July 17, 2019 8:38:33 AM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (130665)
These issues with SQL Server not starting and not installing is not something we can just fix - it is typically other software installed on the machine that is causing the problems.

Overall, this is what you can do:

1. Uninstall, and use our clean tool (search uninstall on kb.mymovies.dk).
2. If the clean tool cannot uninstall the SQL Server because of a problem, uninstall it from the Control Panel Add/Remove Programs.
3. Reboot
4. Re-install the software.
5. If the SQL Server cannot install, and gives an error code, confirm when the software asks to install with an interface, as you are then often told by the SQL Server installer what the problem is.

If the problem causing the SQL Server to not install cannot be resolved, a Windows re-installation, and applying of all Windows Updates after the installation is unfortunately the only way forward.

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows