Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Possibility to script Options · View
sbondi
Posted: Wednesday, June 05, 2019 1:19:25 AM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2998)
Hi,

Between the iOS and the macOS Pro apps, I am having trouble assigning the "Watched" field for my already loaded collection:

1. I do not see a way to see "Watched" (or "not Watched") items in the Mac app. The "Seen" group does not seem to display anything. I do I see/filter based on the "Watched" field?

2. Since the Mac app does not seem to have a way to macro-assign the "Watched" field, I used the iPhone app. However, it only lets me "add entries" and not "delete or replace" existing entries. Is there another way to do this? Note: I assigned various watch date values based on my criteria and it ended up creating multiple entries for many items Undecided

3. If I can use Python or even AppleScript to fully assign the fields (particularly the "Watched" field), I could accomplish everything I want, including fixing the dupes noted in point 2 above. Is this possible? Is there documentation on this?

Thanks,

Steve
binnerup
Posted: Wednesday, June 05, 2019 9:01:34 AM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (52)
Hi Steve,

1) The "Seen" group has no relation to watched marking - it is a placeholder group for titles you want to track because you seen them somewhere, and therefore do not own them, have them in digital format, have rented them or similar. You can create a filter and filter by the watched status.

2) There unfortunately is not a way on either client to batch remove, no. Adding watched events is always an add, never an edit - a title can have multiple watched events.

3) We do not have any sort of scripting support.

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows
sbondi
Posted: Wednesday, June 05, 2019 9:22:15 AM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2998)
Ok, thanks for the quick response