Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Trying to move My Movies 4.06 to New PC Options · View
louiselovesvideos
Posted: Tuesday, July 23, 2019 2:02:59 AM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2524)
Dear helpful movie lovers -

My PC crashed and I am trying to move to a new PC. I got the old boot disk to spin again, mounted it in my new PC, and tried to used use Laplink PC Mover to move the program.

I know i need to update, but I thought I should move old version first. When I try to launch I see the banner for
My Movies 4.06 Build 2

It tries to launch - I see a progress bar - then I see this error:
"The My Movies database service was not started. Please start the SQL Server(MYMOVIES) service and open the application again"

So - I went to
SQL Server Configuration Manager
and two of the entries are:
SQL Server (MYMOVIES) State: Stopped Start Mode: Automatic Log on as: NT Service\MSSQL$MYMOVIES Process Id: 0 Service Type: SQL Server

SQL Server Agent (MYMOVIES) State: Stopped Start Mode: Other(Boot, System, Diabled or Unknown) Log on as: NT Authority\NETWORK SERVICE Process Id: 0 Service Type: SQL Server

There are also entries for
SQL Server (SQLEXPRESS)
SQL Server Agent (SQLEXPRESS)
SQL Server Browser

'The only one running is SQL Server Browser

I tried to start SQL Server (MYMOVIES) and got the error:

"The request failed or the service did nto respond in a timely fashion. Consult the event log or other applicacable error logs for details."

I'm not sure what to do now. Should I try to uninstall everything? Maybe there is some way to clean install the version 5 and copy over the database? Or can I download the database, since I have the IOS apps & can see movies there? Don't know if I need to somehow remove entries I see for
SQL Server (MYMOVIES)
SQL Server Agent (MYMOVIES)
I'm really lost, and hoping I can get some help. Please, if you have ideas I would really appreciate it.

fdavis71
Posted: Tuesday, July 23, 2019 6:51:29 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (3832)
Do you have a local backup of your database? If you do I recommend uninstalling My Movies, SQL, then removing any My Movies and SQL related folders left behind, then reinstalling My Movies 4.06 and restoring your database. When going to reinstall My Movies 4.06 it won't be able to download and install SQL without some manual intervention. I outline what to do here.

My DVD/Blu-ray Collection
Home Theater Gallery
binnerup
Posted: Tuesday, July 23, 2019 11:35:48 AM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (131666)
bhevle
Posted: Thursday, August 01, 2019 10:19:35 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2664)
Maybe because they feel safe, and can contribute everything without problems... But that's just my thought...