Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Database is in recovery pending state - SOLVED Options · View
teddyboy
Posted: Sunday, July 28, 2019 5:13:00 AM

Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (5364)
I have installed MyMovies and finally got it to install successfully. I was able to get into collection management and I wanted to restore from a backup. Now I'm getting this message. I've waited much more the 15 minutes and I've already rebooted. I don't know what else to do. I can't even bring up collection management now. I'm stuck. Should I continue to wait?

"Humans are such easy prey."
teddyboy
Posted: Sunday, July 28, 2019 7:49:36 AM

Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (5364)
After searching the forum, I found that the only way to correct the problem is to uninstall, use the clean tool, and then reinstall after waiting for SQL to try recover the database and a reboot failed to recover it. I did that and this time around MyMovies installed without a hiccup.

Instead of restoring the database from a backup which might have been corrupted to begin with. I synchronized with my online collection which hasn't changed in very long time. I'm going to wipe out my old backups of the database and start fresh after synchronization.

The corruption might have stemmed from some failing hard drives which I have since replace all my hard drives in my server with WD 8TB Reds. I think I just picked a backup that was sitting on a bad block on a old drive. Everything appears to be okay now. Now I can import my collection with CMCs new import tool and use collection management to add titles an maintain my collection. :)

"Humans are such easy prey."
binnerup
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2019 8:32:22 AM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (131474)
Sound good that you resolved.

And yes, this comes from some kind of corruption in the files, often because power is turned off while the db server is writing to the database.

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows