Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

My Movies 4.07 - SQL wont download.. Options · View
mcealt
Posted: Sunday, August 11, 2019 4:06:54 PM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (631)
I saw that you no longer support My Movies v4 .. but does it have anything to to with the fact that my (many times over used) downloaded package 4.07 refused not to install - but simply to DOWNLOAD SQL server while installing?

I tried it like 5 times. .completely new fresh Windows 7 Pro 64bit SP1 machine with only device drivers, fully functional internet connection, turned off firewall, no antivirus, installed .NET 4.5´2 .. and when I run "My Movies for Windows Media Center 4.07" installation packace (personal use, standalone machine).. every time it installs only Visual C components and while downloading SQL server it does not even start and stops with the error msg that the SQL can not be downloaded.

I tried to install SQL Express separately prior to running my movies package, but that does no thelp. It simply does not discover already existing SQL instance.

WHAT HAPPENED? Microsoft still offers SQL Express 2008 to be downloaded from the internet.. Did you somehow deliberately blocked users from installing My Movies 4?
binnerup
Posted: Sunday, August 11, 2019 8:05:23 PM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (131666)
This is because Microsoft removed the download link on the path where the installer expects it - we expect that it is because a newer service pack have been available for years.

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows
fdavis71
Posted: Saturday, August 17, 2019 12:29:10 PM

Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (3832)
Hello mcealt. I run My Movies 4.07 as well. There is a workaround. I outline the process here. Enjoy!

My DVD/Blu-ray Collection
Home Theater Gallery