Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Handbrake CLI Options · View
dreilingstl
Posted: Thursday, September 05, 2019 10:34:34 PM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (3847)
It appears MyMovies for Windows still utilizes a ca. 2015 build of the Handbrake CLI transcoder. Use of this very old version means a number of improvements, enhancements, and added features (filters such as deblock, good HEVC support, etc.) included in more recent builds of Handbrake are unavailable. However, if I try to replace the executable in the transcoders folder with the current stable build, my system becomes wildly unstable after an encode and will not complete a conversion queue of multiple rips. Do you have any thoughts as to why this might be and/or intentions of updating the Handbrake CLI build in upcoming MM releases? Thanks!

Windows Server 2016 Essentials
Intel Xeon E3-1225 v6 @ 3.30Ghz
16Gb DDR4
Intel Optane SSD 900P @ 280Gb
binnerup
Posted: Friday, September 06, 2019 7:59:50 AM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (131626)
dreilingstl
Posted: Saturday, September 07, 2019 3:48:33 PM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (3847)
binnerup wrote:
This is the reason it is not updated, because a lot of things changed, so that it requires a re-code of how it is worked with.

It is not currently on the schedule.

Thanks, Brian! Understood, and it makes sense. Can you tell us exactly which build of Handbrake CLI you've used? Just so I know what features I can and cannot use in a custom transcoder preset...