Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Couple of oddities in mapping TV series episodes Options · View
alphadragon55
Posted: Sunday, September 15, 2019 11:08:36 PM

Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2055)
I have been updating the My Movies entries for my collection of TV Series boxsets and I've hit upon a couple of oddities whilst doing Episode Mappings.

Firstly I have a boxset containing the first four series of Prison Break (2005), whilst doing the episode mappings for the fourth season I've hit upon two instances with double episodes that are a single entry on the discs. For example the first "episode" of the series was broadcast as a two hour long "special" yet is listed as two separate episodes called "Scylla" and "Breaking and Entering" on both IMDB and TVDB (https://www.thetvdb.com/series/prison-break/seasons/4). On the DVD this appears as a single Title, if I identify this Title as the first episode "Scylla" it will appear as though the second episode is missing/incorrectly mapped on the boxset. The same issue also exists with episodes 23 and 24 of the same series, these are again a single entity on the disc.

Secondly I have the exact opposite problem with Series 4 of a British TV show called Ripper Street (https://www.thetvdb.com/series/ripper-street/seasons/4), According to both IMDB and TVDB the series consists of 6 episodes with the first episode being a double length episode called "The Strangers Home". On the DVD this episode is split into two parts (making the series 7 episodes long), do I label just the first Title with the episode name, or do I label both Titles as being Episode 1?

Any advice on how to handle these two situations would be gratefully received.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool…