Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Large covers on long press? Options · View
bartonnen
Posted: Friday, December 13, 2019 11:32:48 AM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (0)
In v2 long pressing a cover/poster will bring up a full screen version of the image - I can't get this to happen in v3.
binnerup
Posted: Saturday, December 14, 2019 7:04:39 AM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (135516)
binnerup
Posted: Thursday, December 19, 2019 6:20:35 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (135516)
binnerup
Posted: Monday, December 23, 2019 9:09:18 AM

bartonnen
Posted: Monday, December 23, 2019 11:25:41 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (0)
Yes, I can confirm that large posters now show when long pressing movie poster on the details page for the movie.

But on some items (appears to be TV shows that I added via title) a pick list is displayed instead (Open Poster, Open Backdrop, Select Poster and Select Backdrop).

When clicking Open Poster or Open Backdrop, the dialog closes and then nothing happens.

Also, not sure whether this is a bug or a feature, but when a large poster is showing you can swipe between titles to view other large posters. But, when exiting from a large poster you're returned to the original title and not the current title.
binnerup
Posted: Thursday, January 23, 2020 8:34:59 AM

Can we get you to check the backdrop/poster issue on PR12? It has been released, but it might be a few hours before it is available.

And, can you create a separate topic on the swipe between covers - then it does not get lost in another post.

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows
bartonnen
Posted: Thursday, January 23, 2020 11:36:20 AM

I've created a separate post for the swiping issue.

As for long press - it's still showing a pick list for manually added titles (usually TV shows) instead of directly opening the poster - but perhaps that is expected behaviour as it allows the user to select a different poster or view the backdrop.

The pick list contains these options: Open Poster, Open Backdrop, Select Poster and Select Backdrop.

binnerup
Posted: Monday, February 03, 2020 9:18:36 AM

bartonnen
Posted: Tuesday, February 04, 2020 4:20:58 AM

I don't know what the expected behaviour is when long pressing a poster on a manually added item.

It's still showing a pick list with the options Open Poster, Open Backdrop, Select Poster and Select Backdrop. If that's what is expected then the issue can be closed.
binnerup
Posted: Tuesday, February 04, 2020 8:12:55 AM

When you say a manually added item, do you mean a title created with create title?

Because the show poster and show backdrop should show on movie profiles and tv series profiles, added by searching the service.

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

bartonnen
Posted: Tuesday, February 04, 2020 11:25:57 AM

Yes, that's what I mean - using search instead of scanning a barcode.

Probably best to just close this - as it looks like that's the expected behaviour.

binnerup
Posted: Tuesday, February 04, 2020 3:22:35 PM

Ok, I will close it - but, you can search for a disc title as well - the difference here is in the profile type - movie profiles does not have a cover, but has a number of posters, which is the reason for this selection option.