Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Landscape Mode Collection View Zoom In and Out Buttons Options · View
essgeethree
Posted: Monday, December 16, 2019 10:58:48 PM

Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2513)
When I have the collection images displayed in landscape mode, a "-" and "+" button appear in the bottom right-hand corner. Upon hitting the "-" button, it counterintuitivly attempts to zoom in rather than out, and on trying to press "+" it must be in the same location as the "open the barcode scan options" because that's what it opens up instead of zooming in. There is no evidence of the "scan barcode" button on any screen, but if you tap where it usually is on MyMovies2, it opens.
Prerelease V3 on Xiaomi Mi A1
essgeethree
Posted: Monday, December 16, 2019 11:01:00 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2513)
Sorry about the trippled up post!
bartonnen
Posted: Tuesday, December 17, 2019 1:03:04 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (0)
I, at first, thought the same, but "+" actually means show more (or add more) posters per row, and "-" means show fewer posters per row.

But, perhaps it would be better switched around so "+" means "make the posters bigger".
binnerup
Posted: Tuesday, December 17, 2019 9:27:09 AM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (135516)
The plus and minus is by design - the text is "Covers Per Row Count" - it will not be changed, because it follows what our iOS users have had for a year - we have not got feedback on it being confusing.

But certainly it sounds like there is something to look at with the floating add button, thank you!

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows
bartonnen
Posted: Tuesday, December 17, 2019 12:09:02 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (0)
binnerup wrote:
But certainly it sounds like there is something to look at with the floating add button

I had the same issue, the add button sometimes is invisible - put tapping where it should be displays the barcode button and the manual add button.
binnerup
Posted: Wednesday, December 18, 2019 10:07:25 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (135516)
bartonnen wrote:
I had the same issue, the add button sometimes is invisible - put tapping where it should be displays the barcode button and the manual add button.

Can you create a screenshot of you can get it to be invisible?

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows
bartonnen
Posted: Thursday, December 19, 2019 1:01:06 PM

binnerup wrote:
Can you create a screenshot of you can get it to be invisible?

I can't manage to get it to be invisible now - perhaps it's fixed in pre-release 3.

It does hide itself when scrolling down, but then it appears again when slightly scrolling up again.
binnerup
Posted: Thursday, December 19, 2019 4:39:46 PM

essgeethree
Posted: Saturday, December 21, 2019 10:46:42 AM

All is working well my end now. In landscape mode the add title white button does not appear, and the -/+ zoom disappears when scrolling, but reappears when you scroll back the other way. At the risk of sounding picky (I'm autistic, and strange things bug me, the - an + symbols don't appear quite centred in their boxes, and the grey surrounding the button seems cut off on the right hand side. Please tell me to either (a) stop being pedantic, (b) create a new topic, or (c) we'll add it to possible things to do.
binnerup
Posted: Monday, December 23, 2019 9:10:32 AM

essgeethree
Posted: Wednesday, January 01, 2020 3:32:03 AM

binnerup wrote:
Can you post a screenshot of this here?

Sorry for the delay. The time of year has made things crazy! Again, I stress that I may be over-thinking this and letting my OCD tendencies overtake rational thought! If you look at the right of the button, the light grey doesn't surround the whole button, and the - and + are not sitting centred on the horizontal. I made a PNG image of roughly what I think looks better. Again, I won't lose sleep if this doesn't change!
(Now to try and attach images.)

File Attachment(s):
current_minusplusbuttons.jpg (465kb) downloaded 8 time(s).

essgeethree attached the following image(s):
howIwoulddominusplussbuttons.png