Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Question: Changing source and comment regarding performance. Options · View
rporetti
Posted: Saturday, December 21, 2019 10:11:15 PM

Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2619)
Question:
I've added some titles as movies - now I want to change the media source to a Bluray. Right-clicking on a movie (mymovies icon) and selecting change source, does not allow you to change the source from Bluray. How can I do this without removing the title and starting from scratch to add it back in?

Comment:
I am extremely disappointed as to how slow MM5 runs. Its slow on the server and its slow on my HTPC clients. On the server, clicking "add titles" can take up to 10 seconds to open the window. Changing some item on a title and clicking save can take 3-5 seconds just to begin saving. Just clicking on a title and waiting to load is about 5 times slower. MM4 was near instantaneous - while MM5 is 3+ seconds...

On the client - which is WMC on Windows 7 Pro - its 3-5x slower just entering the Movies section. Loading cover images is driving me nuts. I was hoping that they would be cached locally after the first run, but with at least a dozen restarts over the past month or two, this is not the case. Scrolling through movies - where it used to be a pleasure, is a major irritant.

These are my observations... the comment is: forget about adding features: focus on performance.

100% I would revert back to MM4 - if there was not so much effort to get back there.

Rob

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Server: Windows Server 2008 - Client 1: Windows 7 64 - Home Premium - Client 2: Windows 7 64 - Professional - Client 3: Windows 7 64 - Home Premium
binnerup
Posted: Sunday, December 22, 2019 8:03:36 AM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (135516)
rporetti
Posted: Monday, December 30, 2019 3:12:20 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2619)
I have enabled debug and I will provide logs after it runs for a while.

I also had a "question" in my previous post... any ideas on how to do this?

I have a second question:

I have a title that shows 21% complete. I right-click and select "Change Title and Source Data" - as I used to do in version 4. This would allow me to change for example - from a DVD to Bluray source. Or select a different Bluray source with a more complete profile. Now it reports that I already have this source in my collection.

When I try to select that new source and press the "Change" button, it raises the message "This title exists in your collection."

Isn't that the point of doing a change: the title must already exist?

Rob

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Server: Windows Server 2008 - Client 1: Windows 7 64 - Home Premium - Client 2: Windows 7 64 - Professional - Client 3: Windows 7 64 - Home Premium
sawia
Posted: Sunday, January 19, 2020 10:20:34 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (0)
I am extremely disappointed as to how slow MM5 runs. Its slow on the server and its slow on my HTPC clients. On the server, clicking "add titles" can take up to 10 seconds to open the window. Changing some item on a title and clicking save can take 3-5 seconds just to begin saving. Just clicking on a title and waiting to load is about 5 times slower. MM4 was near instantaneous - while MM5 is 3+ seconds...
rporetti
Posted: Saturday, February 22, 2020 12:52:10 AM

Is there a performance update coming to 5.25. Its ridiculously slow. It takes more than 10 seconds just to open the "About" dialog box. I can do this to half a dozen other programs on this machine and they pop right open... but MyMovies 5.25 is like a snail on quaaludes. I see a few people with this problem... but no comments regarding their reports.

Rob

andycob
Posted: Saturday, February 22, 2020 9:32:25 AM

Groups: Administration , Member, Moderator

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (134671)
I can only suggest you post the logs Brian asked for, obviously what you are experiencing is not the norm which makes it almost impossible to guess why or give you help on such a vague issue. Some logs might give the developers a clue as to why you experiencing such issues.

As to your other question about changing the source, the message you are getting would indicate you have already separately added to your collection the item you are trying to change the other title to. Hence you can't change it because that would create two instances of the exact same item in your collection.