Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Dune HD Duo -Cant get movies to play using My Movies Options · View
soapman72
Posted: Tuesday, December 24, 2019 2:10:08 AM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (0)
Hi,

I purchased a new HDD that will actually fir all my movies on one drive. This required me to re-build my collection, and make a new database. I am using the newest version of my movies. All I want to do is to be able to use My Movies to display cover art and to be able to browse my collection as before. I installed this software years ago with help from Mike from Dune Player, but this time around, he wasn't much help.

I followed the instructions as per this page: https://www.mymovies.dk/how-to/written-documentation.aspx?Page=My%20Movies%20for%20HDI%20Dune

I I see the main screen, and am even able to browse titles by genre, etc, but when I go to select a movie, either by pressing select or play on the remote, either nothing happens, or I get a PLAYLIST EMPTY message, or I get taken to the dune_folder.txt page

What Am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Sean
binnerup
Posted: Tuesday, December 24, 2019 9:18:42 AM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (134892)
soapman72
Posted: Tuesday, December 24, 2019 9:26:39 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (0)
Sorry about that. I am on Windows 10.

I'm probably just missing something pretty simple, but I am also using the latest Non-Beta firmware for the Dune HD DUO. I can navigate manually to the folders where my movies are located and as expected, they will all play without issue, but I cannot get the software to start the movies. In case it matters, T named the drive MOVIES, and on that drive is a folder called movies. I stored configured the installation as shown in the attached image. I am using 3 subfolders, that the actual movies are stored in. Blue Ray, DVD Movies, and AVCHD, so I am suspicious that this may be part of the problem, but I want to keep BluRay movies seperate from DVD, and MKV seperate as well.

File Attachment(s):
MYMOVIES Screen Shot.png (502kb) downloaded 2 time(s).

soapman72
Posted: Friday, December 27, 2019 6:51:12 PM

Any suggestions?
kompletter name:frodo beutlin
Posted: Tuesday, December 31, 2019 12:11:40 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (422325)
Hallo
Es klingt so als wenn die neue Festplatte sich im Dune selber befindet. My Movies funktioniert nur richtig, wenn sich die Filmordner auf einem Netwerklaufwerk. NAS oder Netwerk festplatte befindet.

Hi there
It sounds like the new hard drive is in the dune itself. My Movies only works properly when the movie folder is on a network drive. NAS or network hard drive is located.

Tablett Acer B3-A50 10.1 Inch. Android 8.1.0 My Movies Pro 2.27 Built 8 / My Movie 3.00 Pre Release 17
Phone Sony Xperia Z5 Dual (E6633) Android 7.1.1 My Movies Pro 2.27 Built 8 / My Movie 3.00 Pre Release 17
Acer G6 Predator Intel Core i7-6700K, 4.0 GHz Quad-Core, RAM 32 GB DDR4, 512GB SSD & 1TB HDD 7200 U/min SATA, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980, Win 10 Home. My Movies 5.25
Dune Base 4K Networkplayer.
Thecus 5500 15 TB NAS
Thecus 5200 15 TB NAS