Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Can't search for titles in box sets Options · View
stef666
Posted: Tuesday, October 6, 2020 12:48:33 PM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (741)
All,

I added the box sets I have (DVD and Blu-ray, total about 30 sets) to my collection. The problem is however, that most of the time I can't search for a specific title contained in the box set. The only box set that seems to be properly added (with the individual films as "connected items") is my 007 collection (barcode: 4045167011106t). All the others don't have any connected items, e.g. my Star Wars Collection (barcode 8712626998792)

Is the quality of the box set data really that poor, or am I missing something?

Regards
Stef
nellekate
Posted: Wednesday, October 7, 2020 4:41:39 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (0)
Stef,

I've had similar issues with box sets. Took me a while to find at least a partial solution in the app. If you go to the option menu (the bars on the top left) and go to Settings, then scroll down to Box Sets, in there is a button that says Box Set Import. Click that and it will search through your collection for any box sets to add the "child titles". It definitely helped me since it found 78 box sets and over 300 titles therein to add to my collection.

BUT there are some that still aren't broken out. One of them is AK100: 25 Films of Akira Kurosawa, and as the name suggests, it has 25 individual titles that I still can't search. I'm willing to add the content myself so that other users can benefit but I haven't found a good explanation of how to update an existing title to a box set. Hoping someone can fill me in on how to add that info? I know I have more box sets in my collection that also need updating in the same fashion.
stef666
Posted: Thursday, October 8, 2020 11:52:49 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (741)
Hi Nelle,

Thanks a lot for the hint, that helped indeed. At least for a little more than half of my box sets.

From the remaining, I added now the movies for a first set (Die härtesten Western aller Zeiten, barcode: 4006680073224) in "My Movies 2" on my Mac. I created the three films with barcode 000000000000, as explained here: https://www.mymovies.dk/how-to/guides/collection-management/creating-box-sets.aspx and then added them to the box set tile. This worked for "My Movies 2" on my Mac. There the three movies are now listed as part of the box set. I was however not able to sync this back to "My Movies 3" on my smartphone... :-(

andycob
Posted: Thursday, October 8, 2020 12:37:35 PM

Groups: Administration , Member, Moderator

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (136558)
Box sets unlike all other content require pre-approval so the full box set you created won't sync until approved, or not at all if rejected.
nellekate
Posted: Friday, October 9, 2020 1:22:20 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (0)
Is it only possible to add or change box set content on the desktop version? I have a Chromebook but otherwise no access to a Windows or Mac OS. With the box set I mentioned in my earlier post, it's a unique problem. I've tried to update or Add Missing Data but it doesn't have a back cover already submitted so the system won't take any changes. That particular box set is in a literal box, linen covered so there's no information to be gained from a back cover. It would just be the underside of a black linen box. I'm willing to take it down and photograph it of need be to verify the titles within but I don't know how to do that within the Android app or if I should email a moderator?
binnerup
Posted: Friday, October 9, 2020 1:56:22 PM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (152874)
Creating and contributing box sets is only possible from the Windows or Mac apps, yes - the process is a bit too complicated for a mobile device.

You are not allowed to contribute camera photos to the service - only scans - but if you can provide scans, you should be able to contribute these also to existing box sets using the "Add Missing Data" function.

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows
karterjk
Posted: Saturday, October 10, 2020 12:02:51 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2627)
nellekate wrote:
Stef,

I've had similar issues with box sets. Took me a while to find at least a partial solution in the app. If you go to the option menu (the bars on the top left) and go to Settings, then scroll down to Box Sets, in there is a button that says Box Set Import. Click that and it will search through your collection for any box sets to add the "child titles". It definitely helped me since it found 78 box sets and over 300 titles therein to add to my collection.

Using my Windows 8 desktop (myMovies ver. 5.25), I can find NO Box Sets button under settings. Can you help further?
binnerup
Posted: Saturday, October 10, 2020 7:27:17 AM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (152874)
karterjk wrote:

Using my Windows 8 desktop (myMovies ver. 5.25), I can find NO Box Sets button under settings. Can you help further?

The box sets import functionality is not available on Windows - we have added it for the next release here also.

It is on the mobile apps in settings.

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows
stef666
Posted: Thursday, October 15, 2020 4:15:44 PM

My contribution of "Die härtesten Western aller Zeiten", barcode: 4006680073224 has been accepted, and in "My Movies 2" on my Mac I can now search for "wiegenlied" and accordingly I will find one of the titles contained in the box. But the child titles are not synchronised to "My Movies 3" on my Android device. Searching for "wiegenlied" there does not yield any results. What am I doing wrong?
stef666
Posted: Friday, October 16, 2020 3:07:23 PM

stef666 wrote:
My contribution of "Die härtesten Western aller Zeiten", barcode: 4006680073224 has been accepted, and in "My Movies 2" on my Mac I can now search for "wiegenlied" and accordingly I will find one of the titles contained in the box. But the child titles are not synchronised to "My Movies 3" on my Android device. Searching for "wiegenlied" there does not yield any results. What am I doing wrong?

OK, got it: I have to go again to "Settings -> Box Sets -> Box sets import" on my Android device, every time I add a box set on my Mac. This information is not synced automatically between the my Mac and my Android device.