Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Add Not Rated to Parental Rating Options Options · View
cwileyy
Posted: Tuesday, October 27, 2020 12:06:25 AM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (833)
Hi, would it be possible to add Not Rated to the Parental Rating options?

While Unrated is already an option, there is a difference between Unrated and Not Rated. For example, Unrated would refer to a movie that removed or dropped its provided rating. On the other hand, Not Rated refers to a movie that never received a rating in the first place, or was never submitted to receive a rating.

Thank you for the consideration!
binnerup
Posted: Tuesday, October 27, 2020 8:41:43 AM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (152814)
Unrated and not rated in our software is the same - this is not going to change.

We acknowledge that there are some stupid Americans who release titles without a rating to work around a rating system not working well - we are not going to have two different not rated versions because of that, sorry.

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows
cwileyy
Posted: Tuesday, October 27, 2020 6:59:31 PM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (833)
I won't make further argument than just to say that there are a lot of titles, both US and foreign, which have not received a rating by the MPA (formerly MPAA). While this is not essential. it would be cool to have an option for these and titles which have foregone their given rating. I understand your position, however, but thought I'd throw it out there as food for thought.

Thanks again.
binnerup
Posted: Wednesday, October 28, 2020 11:16:18 AM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (152814)
Indeed, there are - the problem here is that "Unrated" to some extend are used as a specifier for something that is actually "worse" than what the rating system accounts for.

It is a title that is not rated - we could have labelled the value "Not rated" in the app, as this is actually what the intention is.

Then we should have G, PG, PG-13, R, NC-17, Unrated, XXX... it does not make sense, sorry.

The problem here in my opinion lies elsewhere - the fact that "Unrated" is used to market titles that is not simply not rated, but titles where someone determined that they did not want it classified within the rating system, or the rating system could not cover it - broken system :-)

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows