Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Eposodic Movies made for TV - Proper Media Type ?? Options · View
spinman
Posted: Thursday, November 5, 2020 4:12:25 PM

Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (105177)
Here's a question for discussion:

UPC 032429243966
Perry Mason: The Complete Movie Collection
15 Discs
30 Episodes
average run episode run time = 90 minutes

Per my memory (which may be faulty):

Up until recently, this was on the web site data base as a TV Series and had episode mapping for all 30 episodes.

Recently, it was changed to a movie and a box set entry was created with 30 children.

Much harder to handle in as much as there are 2 titles per disc. Do I really want to rip and strip out each movie individually instead of just ripping the disk?

The programs were made for a TV series, and only called movies because of the length and infrequent broadcast schedule.

So my question is: When it is a movie and when is it a tv series (for the web site media type)?
Was the change in media type proper or should it be rolled back?

binnerup
Posted: Thursday, November 5, 2020 5:40:11 PM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (152814)
It can be difficult to say, but clearly when the studio releases it as "movie collection", it is to be considered movie and not tv series.

Generally, we refer to IMDB if we cannot find other sources.

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows
andycob
Posted: Thursday, November 5, 2020 5:48:28 PM

Groups: Administration , Member, Moderator

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (136640)
It is hard to be absolutely certain given that I can't find much information for the barcode to be sure of the content within it.

If it is what I think it is I can certainly see the potential for confusion, as a general rule we would typically consider a TV series composed of feature length episodes as still being a TV series, even though those feature length episodes might be commonly referred to as 'TV movies'. So it is arguable but as a general rule we would consider a 'series' of TV movies is still a TV series and TV movies that form part of or continue a TV series are a part of the series.

What would really be the determining factor on this is exactly what the content is as there is the original Raymond Burr TV series and then a number of later TV movies but I don't have enough information on the content to be sure but I suspect this may be more correct as a TV series but need more info.

However if these were theatrical movies then movies would absolutely be correct.