Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Title Sort Fast and the Furious Movies Options · View
tahlion
Posted: Wednesday, November 18, 2020 11:14:49 PM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (8090)
Hello, the Fast and Furious movies have different names in the Sort Title field. Unfortunately I cannot change the records because they are locked.
binnerup
Posted: Thursday, November 19, 2020 7:21:14 AM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (152814)
You have two options here - if you believe the sorting is wrong in the data from the service, report it using the report incorrect data function.

If you just have a personal preference that differs, you can personalise the title in the personal data area.

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows
tahlion
Posted: Thursday, November 19, 2020 2:24:26 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (8090)
Ok.
tahlion
Posted: Thursday, November 19, 2020 2:32:46 PM

I think it would be more correct if all fast & furious movies would be sorted by the same pattern (Fast and the Furious, The 0x)
binnerup
Posted: Thursday, November 19, 2020 9:50:58 PM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (152814)
There are titles in the series that is not named "Fast and the Furious", such as:

2 Fast 2 Furious
Fast Five
Furious 7
The Fate of the Furious
F9

Therefore, these should not be sorted as "Fast and the Furious", but with their actual release name.

You may prefer it differently, and therefore you can personalise the sort titles in your collection.

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows
erik_n
Posted: Thursday, November 19, 2020 9:57:09 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (11252)
If I remember correct it's stated in the guide lines that sort title for single titles should be the same as the name of the movie, but if there is a "The" it should be in the end. So if you like to have titles in a serie of movies in a specific order it is against the guide lines to set another sort title. If you have box set it is different. Then the sort title should box set name, number and then movie name.

I like to sort my movies just like you and for this I use the personal data. For example First Blood has sort title Rambo 01 and Rambo has Rambo 02. For Marvel I use phase and movie number, so Iron Man is Marvel 1.1 and so on.

Edit: Binnerup replied when I was writing.

My home theather
My movies