Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Add settable "Default (Disc) Type" to "Add Title Manually" process under "A Options · View
deprongmori
Posted: Saturday, November 21, 2020 5:58:59 PM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (36294)
Whenever I am manually adding Titles of Type = "Disc Title" in "Add Titles Manually" (on "By Manual Typing" tab of "Add Titles" function), it defaults every time to "(Disc) Type" = "DVD". For my most recent Box Set, this means that for each of the 12 Child records I just added for the Box Set I am creating, I have to manually pull down the "(Disc) Type" selections on each "General Profile Data" page, check the box for "Blu-ray" and uncheck the box for "DVD" and save.

Please add a multi-selection pulldown ("Default Disc Type") to this screen for the "Disc Title" selection to allow the correct disc "(Disc) Type" options to be selected ("4K Ultra HD", "Blu-ray", "DVD", "HD DVD", "Laserdisc", etc.) This would simplify the process and make it less tedious and error-prone.

Additionally, please consider relabeling the field/selection-box "Type" ("Disc Title", "Movie", "TV Series", "Movie Collection") to "Title Type" instead, as elsewhere in this whole process the field/selection-box "Type" refers to the disc type ("Blu-ray", "DVD", etc.). Alternatively, reconsider relabeling the field "Type" more properly and accurately throughout this process to "Disc Type", especially on the "General Profile Data" screen. There is plenty of room on that screen to label it properly, though of course all references throughout the software would need to be updated as well.

Screen captures of "Add Title Manually" pop-up, and sample "General Profile Data" page attached

File Attachment(s):
General_Profile_Data_Disc_Type_Choices.png (639kb) downloaded 1 time(s).

deprongmori attached the following image(s):
Add_Title_Manually_Needs_Cover_Type.png