Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Update Actors and Crew Options · View
alanmalm
Posted: Thursday, December 3, 2020 1:12:02 AM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2511)
I seem to have a problem lately when I try to update the Actors and Crew section (all the others work fine). It stops at "Tulsi Ram" (whoever that is) and never completes. I think you might have a problem in your database with that person so it doesnt ever download......Please help!

File Attachment(s):
log.zip (275kb) downloaded 5 time(s).

top-pick
Posted: Friday, December 4, 2020 4:03:42 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (7042)
alanmalm wrote:
I seem to have a problem lately when I try to update the Actors and Crew section (all the others work fine). It stops at "Tulsi Ram" (whoever that is) and never completes. I think you might have a problem in your database with that person so it doesnt ever download......Please help!
top-pick
Posted: Friday, December 4, 2020 4:06:15 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (7042)
I have the same problem, just different actor! I have tried to email. Get no response!
binnerup
Posted: Friday, December 4, 2020 4:41:29 PM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (153398)
alanmalm
Posted: Saturday, December 5, 2020 12:16:26 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2511)
I am on the latest version that I know of (5.30).
binnerup
Posted: Saturday, December 5, 2020 4:55:05 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (153398)
I need a database backup to be able to determine this - there is some kind of issue in the data causing this.

Backup your database, zip the backup and upload that to a file sharing site - then email the link to support@mymovies.dk.

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows
binnerup
Posted: Sunday, December 6, 2020 9:17:57 PM

There is a Pre Release 5 available now - I made a small correction, but I am not sure it resolves this - can I get you to re-test this situation with this, and update the topic?

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

alanmalm
Posted: Thursday, December 10, 2020 1:02:02 AM

Should I install this on BOTH the client and server machines? Just the client? Just the server?
As for the database backup - - it seems the one that is important is the server. I cannot backup the client machine apparently.

File Attachment(s):
My Movies database backup problem after actor down (360kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

alanmalm
Posted: Thursday, December 10, 2020 2:28:41 AM

Or the server machine either (see the attachment above)
binnerup
Posted: Thursday, December 10, 2020 7:34:04 AM

alanmalm
Posted: Saturday, December 12, 2020 4:22:05 AM

I obviously have multiple Windows 7 machines. Which do I install on? Was there anything in the log I sent?
alanmalm
Posted: Wednesday, December 16, 2020 3:38:42 AM

I installed that beta build as requested on my "server" machine and tried the actor update and it started successfully and did about 20 or so and then got to same "Tulsi Ram" name and it just sits there. Same thing as before.
Suggestions??
binnerup
Posted: Wednesday, December 16, 2020 8:15:06 AM

alanmalm
Posted: Thursday, December 24, 2020 11:13:01 PM

I updated to the latest full build of 5.31 build 2 (or was that a downgrade)??? It allowed a backup with the full build on the server machine but still sticks when it gets to Tulsi Ram. I installed that same build on a client machine as a client and now it is stuck on Robert Richardson and is a lot farther (mostly done) on the Progress - Total bar. I will try and pull the log and send it later.
binnerup
Posted: Friday, December 25, 2020 9:03:07 AM

alanmalm
Posted: Saturday, December 26, 2020 5:14:52 PM

I will pull you a log with the new version as well, but you may want to look back to my INITIAL POST where there was a log attached!! There was NO RESPONSE to that log.
As you can see from the attachment, this time the Update actors updates a bunch and stops on a different actor from the client machine. It still stops at Tulsi Ram on the server machine. Both are updated to the current full build of 5.31 rel 2.

I just also uploaded a new log from today (12-28) after attempting again to download actors and it sticking on Tulsi Ram (whoever that is). This log is from the server machine.

File Attachment(s):
My movies update of actors failure with 531 rel 2 (2,447kb) downloaded 0 time(s).
log.zip (1,655kb) downloaded 3 time(s).

ruben rocha
Posted: Thursday, December 31, 2020 5:48:21 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (1308)
I had the same problem with a different actor.
Now the software will only stop at the first instance so you may have more than one

How I resolved it.

Run the optimize database.
It should show a error. of a bad path to a title
At the top right click on the yellow triangle.
Read the full error and instructions

Goto the movie in question in the title list
Edit the movie and select disks
Check the path to the file.
If it is incorrect correct it.
I used the browse button.

The good part is it will prompt you that you have xxx number of titles with the wrong path.
Elect yes to fix them all and update the title.

Then run update actors and crews again.Wink

I think I had to do this two times.
binnerup
Posted: Monday, January 4, 2021 4:00:58 PM

alanmalm
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2021 2:12:55 AM

My database backup is like 4GB!!! And that is zipped size. Do you have a site that will accept files of that size? I will be happy to upload if will help. Not sure why the "debug logging" that I did didn't show anything but you expect a database backup to show it. Please let me know how to get this to you or to fix the problem. I will try to update my machines to the latest build and see what that does as well.
binnerup
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2021 8:41:07 AM

It is not a problem that it is a big database - you can upload it here:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhwK3F9M9aqjiZcfOZI7ZwRr9KQWQA?e=L9xf0C

Your database have a corruption, that is what the log shows - so no update will fix this until I have been able to inspect and see how I can have the software correct this corruption.