Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Update metadata for single title in macOS? Options · View
jndreu
Posted: Wednesday, December 30, 2020 5:25:29 AM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2500)
I have been using the windows collection management app for many years. I recently switched to the Mac app. In collection management, every time I added a new title or if I edited a title, I could click the save metadata button and it would just save or update the metadata for that title only.

In the macOS app, when I add or edit a title, this option doesn’t exist. It seems there is only the option in the preferences menu to update the metadata for ALL titles. It makes no sense to have to have the app go and attempt to update metadata for potentially hundreds or thousands of titles if you only want to update the one you just added or edited! Am I missing something here? Why can’t I save or update metadata for a single title in macOS like I can on the Windows collection management app? This is a deal breaker for me.
binnerup
Posted: Wednesday, December 30, 2020 1:57:39 PM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (153398)
jndreu
Posted: Wednesday, December 30, 2020 10:31:12 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2500)
binnerup wrote:
It saves the meta-data automatically when there is a change to the profile.

When I add a new title I don’t see the metadata show up in the folder with the movie. Does it take a while for the app to add it?
binnerup
Posted: Wednesday, December 30, 2020 10:37:02 PM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (153398)
jndreu
Posted: Thursday, December 31, 2020 12:14:25 AM

binnerup wrote:
No - it should be right away - how are you pointing to the title when adding?

To a folder... all of my movies are in their own folders. I have been saving metadata for Kodi so let's say the movie is a .mkv file, then the Collection Management app in Windows would add a .nfo and a folder.jpg file after I added the title. The macOS app doesn't add anything after I add the title. I still just see the movie file in the folder all by itself.
jndreu
Posted: Monday, January 4, 2021 4:02:38 AM

Is there a specific way I need to add a title in order for it to create or update the metadata files?
jndreu
Posted: Monday, January 11, 2021 8:19:41 PM

Any way I could get some further information or guidance on this please??