Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Suddenly unable to incrementally update Dune metadata Options · View
scottj97
Posted: Monday, April 26, 2021 12:13:00 AM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2738)
Recently I changed the SMB password on my file server. Since then, MyMovies Collection Manager has been unable to create Dune metadata properly.

My movies are all ISO files and each in its own folder.

When I choose the movie location as "Online (folder)", as I've always done, it doesn't work: the metadata files (mymovies.xml, mymovies-front.jpg, mymovies-back.jpg) never get created, and the dune_folder.txt shows an incomplete media_url like so:

media_url=nfs://qnap3.lan:/movies3R:/La Cage aux Folles/

Instead of the expected:

media_url=nfs://qnap3.lan:/movies3R:/La Cage aux Folles/La Cage aux Folles.ISO

I found an error message in the Dashboard Alert Viewer saying that one or more of the directories for the title could not be accessed. Which explains the misbehavior -- but I have no idea why that directory could not be accessed. I can access it from Windows Explorer with no problem, and the MyMovies GUI has no problem finding that folder when I'm choosing the file's location.

Funny thing is, when I do a full metadata update, it has no problem finding the directory and updating everything correctly. It's only broken when I change one title and let it incrementally update the metadata.

Another interesting data point: if I use "Online (file)" and point it to the ISO file, instead of the folder, everything works correctly.

Any idea why it wouldn't be able to read the directory anymore?
andycob
Posted: Monday, April 26, 2021 2:24:54 AM

Groups: Administration , Member, Moderator

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (138721)
You need to set the new password in the external server credentials. Various elements including the incremental update run as windows services, those services need their own access which is separate to the user account access that you are using when browsing or running the full update.
scottj97
Posted: Monday, April 26, 2021 2:56:35 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (2738)
andycob wrote:
You need to set the new password in the external server credentials. Various elements including the incremental update run as windows services, those services need their own access which is separate to the user account access that you are using when browsing or running the full update.

Thank you! But where do I find these "external server credentials"? I'm running Win7.

I looked in "Credential Manager" (under Control Panel) and it listed my NAS and had a very recent "Modified:" date, which tells me it already has the new password.

And if that's really the issue, how could it be working when I use "Online (file)" (instead of "Online (folder)")?
scottj97
Posted: Monday, April 26, 2021 3:20:11 AM

scottj97 wrote:

Thank you! But where do I find these "external server credentials"? I'm running Win7.

Never mind, I found it in the My Movies menus.

I've changed it there and I'm now waiting on "Synchronizing to service..." which looks like it will take hours to complete(!)
binnerup
Posted: Monday, April 26, 2021 11:35:28 AM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (155042)
scottj97
Posted: Monday, April 26, 2021 9:05:40 PM

I guess I set this up so long ago (11 years now!) that I forgot about that External Server Credentials.

Everything's working great now.

Thanks for a great product.