Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

"Exclude from Mobile Software" is not working on Local titles Options · View
deprongmori
Posted: Sunday, June 6, 2021 10:56:02 PM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (44985)
I'm running the current Windows and iOS MyMovies software on all platforms.

On a number of local titles on my Windows 10 PC, I have enabled in Personal Data the two check-boxes "Exclude from Online Collection" and "Exclude from Mobile Software". I then went to my iOS device (iPhone) and synchronized MyMovies data. None of the records I tagged for "Exclude from Mobile Software" have been removed from my iOS device. Looking at the Personal Data on the records on iOS, I see that "Inv. to Friends" is Disabled, and "Excl. Online Col." is Enabled, both as expected, so I know the information has synchronized. There is no Personal Data field on iOS for "Excl. Mobile Software" (because, why would there be if it were working properly and the record were properly removed when it was set to "Exclude"), and yet the record has not been removed during the synchronization.

How is this supposed to work?

File Attachment(s):
TexAveryClassics_Exclude_from_Online_and_Mobile.jp (447kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

deprongmori
Posted: Thursday, June 10, 2021 1:03:21 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (44985)
Any thoughts here? What is the expected behavior? It doesn’t seem to be working as intended.
fdavis71
Posted: Saturday, June 12, 2021 5:40:49 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (3832)
deprongmori wrote:
Any thoughts here? What is the expected behavior? It doesn’t seem to be working as intended.

It's not working as intended based on what you've described. Sounds to me like those changes are failing to sync along the way and if they are syncing the mobile app must be failing to exclude the profiles in question. Not sure what to advise you. Well, I know what I'd do. I'd probably blow everything out. I'd backup my local database from the Collection Management application, then deleting the database which in turn would clear out my collection online. I'd then delete and reinstall the mobile app. That would give me a fresh slate. I'd then restore my database from the Collection Management application using my local backup. Once synced with the online server I'd launch the mobile app allowing it to sync. Perhaps at that point things would appear as intended and start working as intended going forward. It's worth a shot anyway. Proceed with caution of course. Hopefully others will chime in. Perhaps there's something else you could try. Not sure.

My DVD/Blu-ray Collection
Home Theater Gallery
deprongmori
Posted: Friday, June 25, 2021 4:05:51 PM

Could someone from the app team chime in on this, if for no other reason than to acknowledge that the problem is known and being looked at? Thanks.

This seems obviously broken.
deprongmori
Posted: Thursday, July 29, 2021 6:14:46 AM

I have some more information on this bug. Because I upgraded my phone, I had to sync all the data back down to the new phone from scratch. This pointed to where the bug is.

In my examples, I had changed the status of records to “Exclude from Mobile” which had already been synched to mobile, so it wasn’t clear whether the problem was just that a deletion request wasn’t sent for those records during the synch, or whether the server was just ignoring the records altogether.

When populating the mobile client from scratch, all of the records flagged “Exclude from Mobile” were sent to the mobile device, which indicates that the server is ignoring the flags altogether.

Could someone from the dev team comment on this?
pstuve
Posted: Sunday, September 19, 2021 4:06:02 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (593)
Also having same problem, would love to hear a solution.