Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

My Movies 4, Bugreports? Options · View
janreinhardt
Posted: Thursday, December 16, 2021 6:16:40 AM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (1572)
Is this the right place to report bugs?

I find that the „Country“ and „Language“ Settings are not working. Mine is always in German, I cannot switch language or location.

thanks, Jan
binnerup
Posted: Thursday, December 16, 2021 7:59:10 AM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (156243)
Hi Jan,

This is a good place, either here or on support@mymovies.dk.

Thank you for reporting this - I cannot at first reproduce it, but it could sound like a problem with online stored language and settings.

First thing I need to know is - are you attempting to change this on the welcome page, or in the settings page?

Second, if you click synchronize, what does the app say?

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows
binnerup
Posted: Thursday, December 16, 2021 8:30:26 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (156243)
Some details Jan, to see if this is what you see.

Version 4 carries over your setting from version 3 as part of the sync - so, if you configured language and country on version 3, if you then in the welcome page are selecting something else, and the app syncs, the settings from v3 will still be applied.

It can indeed be a bit confusing, but it occurs becaused the stored settings is synced at the last thing when syncing.

Could this be what you see?

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

janreinhardt
Posted: Thursday, December 16, 2021 9:29:15 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (1572)
I am in the Settings page. I have clicked Synchronize and it synced without further messages.
Then I switched Country to „Spain“ and Language to „Danish“ and nothing happens: the App is fully German.
I could send you a screenshot if you wanted. Edit: attached the screenie here, did it work?

File Attachment(s):
D45216D5-3B05-4C81-8050-4920A51F9129.jpeg (253kb) downloaded 6 time(s).

binnerup
Posted: Thursday, December 16, 2021 9:39:05 AM

Oh, that makes sense then - these settings does not control which language the app is in - it controls which language and country setting that are set on new titles that are added.

The interface language always follows the OS language.

Does this explanation make this a non-issue?

janreinhardt
Posted: Thursday, December 16, 2021 9:41:06 AM

Ah ok! This is a bit misunderstandable then. I really thought I was controlling interface stuff. Maybe rename / clarify these settings?
(And yes its a non-issue now)
binnerup
Posted: Thursday, December 16, 2021 2:09:06 PM

jompjomp
Posted: Friday, December 17, 2021 12:47:59 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (4199)
Two things that v3 supported but v4 doesn’t:

1. Application splitview
2. Search does not show the disc format anymore, which makes it difficult to figure out what is what
cyates90
Posted: Friday, December 17, 2021 10:39:34 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (471)
One thing I noticed in the new version, for the new personal data tags (Video Standard, HDR, etc) these do not show up when editing multiple titles at once
wyando
Posted: Saturday, December 18, 2021 1:34:06 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (445)
jompjomp wrote:

2. Search does not show the disc format anymore, which makes it difficult to figure out what is what

This is what I am missing too. Searching on all titles, you don't see at first glance which is DVD, BluRay or even what stream service.
I like the result screen of version 3 much better, as it uses the same layout as used in displaying the collection. (maybe this must be reconfigured in setup, not yet sure about that)

But, searching it self uses a very strange pattern...

Ex. If I search for "True" I get at top all entries which contain the word "true" but then also results with "rue" "ue" "tre" "tru" "tree" up to "T" "r" "u" "e" (single letters if the all appear in the ORIGINAL title of the movie (not neccessarly the user defined title?) Not sure on what the search of title is based, but especially with mixed languages there seems to be a strange result. OK, it seems this counts as "fuzzy search". Still, I have the impression, that the search doesn't use the "personal" title given.

The result it self is kind of ugly.

0002 show the result for searching "orphan" - 5 first lines ok (besides the titles), 6 line (edward scissorhands) is completely wrong in this search, and the layout after the search result should be blank (and not a part of your collection.

0003 and 0004 shows the details of the first 2 rows of the result, where you can see that the title in the result is the original title (using the word "staffel") and not my personal title (using the word season) (don't wonder on how I register my dvds, that why you offer a personalized title).

Again, the the search result was better in Version 3 showing Title, Soruce type (on the right), Year and distribution below the title. These information I do miss in the new search result, which makes it more difficult to know especially what is "hardware" (DVD, Blueray), and digital (Stream). As also different films with the same title (Like "It", "Shining", etc, where the title is the same but the year is different...) (Ok, then again I do put that in my personal title too, but still...)

File Attachment(s):
IMG_0002.PNG (2,069kb) downloaded 5 time(s).
IMG_0003.PNG (796kb) downloaded 1 time(s).
IMG_0004.PNG (1,167kb) downloaded 1 time(s).

binnerup
Posted: Saturday, December 18, 2021 8:02:02 AM

jompjomp wrote:

1. Application splitview

Thanks for this.

1. We are looking into why this is - V3 never had a split view implementation, and it is likely something we need to specifically enable with later Xcode versions, where it got auto-applied by Apple previously.

2. Noted, we will see if we can adjust this.

binnerup
Posted: Saturday, December 18, 2021 8:02:18 AM

cyates90 wrote:
One thing I noticed in the new version, for the new personal data tags (Video Standard, HDR, etc) these do not show up when editing multiple titles at once

Noted - we will take a look at this.

binnerup
Posted: Saturday, December 18, 2021 8:04:54 AM

wyando wrote:
jompjomp wrote:

This is what I am missing too. Searching on all titles, you don't see at first glance which is DVD, BluRay or even what stream service.
I like the result screen of version 3 much better, as it uses the same layout as used in displaying the collection. (maybe this must be reconfigured in setup, not yet sure about that)

But, searching it self uses a very strange pattern...

Ex. If I search for "True" I get at top all entries which contain the word "true" but then also results with "rue" "ue" "tre" "tru" "tree" up to "T" "r" "u" "e" (single letters if the all appear in the ORIGINAL title of the movie (not neccessarly the user defined title?) Not sure on what the search of title is based, but especially with mixed languages there seems to be a strange result. OK, it seems this counts as "fuzzy search". Still, I have the impression, that the search doesn't use the "personal" title given.

The result it self is kind of ugly.

0002 show the result for searching "orphan" - 5 first lines ok (besides the titles), 6 line (edward scissorhands) is completely wrong in this search, and the layout after the search result should be blank (and not a part of your collection.

0003 and 0004 shows the details of the first 2 rows of the result, where you can see that the title in the result is the original title (using the word "staffel") and not my personal title (using the word season) (don't wonder on how I register my dvds, that why you offer a personalized title).

Again, the the search result was better in Version 3 showing Title, Soruce type (on the right), Year and distribution below the title. These information I do miss in the new search result, which makes it more difficult to know especially what is "hardware" (DVD, Blueray), and digital (Stream). As also different films with the same title (Like "It", "Shining", etc, where the title is the same but the year is different...) (Ok, then again I do put that in my personal title too, but still...)

We will look at the details the listing shows.

And yes, you will get some not always human understandable results in the bottom of the result list, due to the way the fuzzy search mechanism works - but this is also what ensures that it finds the titles.

wyando
Posted: Saturday, December 18, 2021 12:08:28 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (445)
binnerup wrote:

And yes, you will get some not always human understandable results in the bottom of the result list, due to the way the fuzzy search mechanism works - but this is also what ensures that it finds the titles.

Personally I never had trouble with the old search engine, as I always just used partial words to find something (Searching "sing" would give me "Singin' in the rain" anyway to use your example.

But Ok, fuzzy search can be helpful, so I just hope that some of the details shown in the previous search will be displayed again, especially if it a DVD, BlueRay or digital.
With version 3 (which I will keep for now on my iPhone) that was easier to tell when in store buying to see what I am missing in my shelf or not.

On another note: with my previous example (Orphan Black) it seemed the search didn't uses my personal titles, however, with some other searches it seems to use my personal titles. Apparently there is an inconsistency in what is used to display the 2 lines per movie in the search list.

Unfortunately, in mymovies3, when I searched a collection, I got the result in order (as I use personalized sorting for that sake). I guess that is lost due to fuzzy search. (I will look into the new option movie collections, maybe that's an alternative).

Request: would it be possible to get an option to "jump" to your collection from a search result?
What I mean is: you search something, you get a list of results, and each line shows you the details of the movie.
Additional I would like from a specific search to go to the movie in my overview list of collection.
(Sorry if I am unclear, I hope you understand what I am trying to say...)
wyando
Posted: Saturday, December 18, 2021 12:35:40 PM

Quote:
- The world of streaming services are rapidly changing, and we have updated the icons for many services, and have added icons for a number of new services, allowing you to get a good overview of where you have your digital copies.

Those icons are not displayed if you have added _series_ from those streaming services.
With movies the show up correctly.
savinolovergine
Posted: Monday, December 20, 2021 2:50:56 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (4748)
When you are offline (3G off, 4G off, wifi off), when you just browse your collection, there are lot of popups like "error: no connection !". That's exhausting. (MM3 was not showing such behavior).

EDIT: in the Cellular Data Settings, MM3 has a switch (on/off), but MM4 doesn't have a switch there.

File Attachment(s):
2021_12_23_14_58_IMG_0306.PNG (260kb) downloaded 1 time(s).

savinolovergine attached the following image(s):
2021_12_23_14_58_IMG_0307.PNG

erik_n
Posted: Wednesday, December 22, 2021 8:03:23 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (13984)
The Play-button, to start playback on media players, is missing from previous versions.

My home theather
My movies
savinolovergine
Posted: Wednesday, December 22, 2021 9:27:15 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (4748)
I can't remember where is the setting to disable/enable the multicolored marble (ie: the "completeness" indicator circle). I can't find it.
MM4 should not hide this setting so deeply; this setting should be present between the main ones.
binnerup
Posted: Thursday, December 23, 2021 7:22:20 AM

savinolovergine wrote:
I can't remember where is the setting to disable/enable the multicolored marble (ie: the "completeness" indicator circle). I can't find it.
MM4 should not hide this setting so deeply; this setting should be present between the main ones.

On the details page, it is under the actions button, under configure where you can remove the section.

The indicator for the list is under "Settings", "Interface Customization".

There are so many settings, and this is placed the same as everything else.

binnerup
Posted: Thursday, December 23, 2021 7:22:45 AM

savinolovergine wrote:
When you are offline (3G off, 4G off, wifi off), when you just browse your collection, there are lot of popups like "error: no connection !". That's exhausting. (MM3 was not showing such behavior).

EDIT: in the Cellular Data Settings, MM3 has a switch (on/off), but MM4 doesn't have a switch there.

Can you post some examples of what you see please as images?