Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

My Movies 4, Bugreports? Options · View
binnerup
Posted: Thursday, December 23, 2021 7:23:16 AM

Groups: Administration , Windows RT/8 Discussion Group

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (156243)
wyando wrote:
Quote:
- The world of streaming services are rapidly changing, and we have updated the icons for many services, and have added icons for a number of new services, allowing you to get a good overview of where you have your digital copies.

Those icons are not displayed if you have added _series_ from those streaming services.
With movies the show up correctly.

We will take a look at this.

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

Having a problem? Searching our Knowledge Base is always the first step.

How can I produce a log file in My Movies for Windows?

How can I fully uninstall My Movies for Windows
erik_n
Posted: Thursday, December 23, 2021 2:52:12 PM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (13984)
Brian: Since you replied to several posts after mine, what about this?

erik_n wrote:
The Play-button, to start playback on media players, is missing from previous versions.

My home theather
My movies
binnerup
Posted: Thursday, December 23, 2021 3:04:43 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (156243)
erik_n wrote:

erik_n wrote:
The Play-button, to start playback on media players, is missing from previous versions.

I am yet to determine Erik - so I am not sure yet.

Point is - the whole remote play functionality was identified to be used by less than 1% of the users, and is based on very old code - we discussed removing it, but decided to leave it in as an "as long as it works" thing, but it potentially could be affected by other things or OS updates, and we therefore need to investigate before I can tell you the status.

Problem here with some of this old code is that it may work in a prior version, and then the same code suddenly does not when compiled with a newer version of the development environment.

But just to check the obvious - you are aware that the connection to these players are not transferred from 3 to 4, so you will need to connect to players again?

Having trouble installing or upgrading to My Movies 5? Click here for troubleshooting.

jompjomp
Posted: Thursday, December 23, 2021 9:37:08 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (4199)
binnerup
Posted: Friday, December 24, 2021 7:01:53 AM

Hi guys,

I am sorry, but I should have instructed this to start with, as this is generally how we would like things, but I am loosing the overview on this post, and I would like that you create separate topics with your problems.

We have just released a version 4.05 again with minor bug fixes, so please be sure that you have your issue reproduced on this one.

We continue to fix issues in small batches - we have just passed a week from release, and not everything is addressed, but we continue on it as long as something can be found.

Thanks,

Brian

erik_n
Posted: Friday, December 24, 2021 11:04:31 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (13984)
binnerup wrote:
erik_n wrote:

erik_n wrote:

I am yet to determine Erik - so I am not sure yet.

Point is - the whole remote play functionality was identified to be used by less than 1% of the users, and is based on very old code - we discussed removing it, but decided to leave it in as an "as long as it works" thing, but it potentially could be affected by other things or OS updates, and we therefore need to investigate before I can tell you the status.

Problem here with some of this old code is that it may work in a prior version, and then the same code suddenly does not when compiled with a newer version of the development environment.

But just to check the obvious - you are aware that the connection to these players are not transferred from 3 to 4, so you will need to connect to players again?

Thank you Brian! Adding the players in the new app solved the problem. I just assumed all settings were transferred from v. 3 and forgot to check this. Settings for trakt.tv seems to be transferred from v.3.

For me the function to start to play movies in my Dune media players is essential. With out this function My Movies would be useless to me. I never use the on screen function to browse my movies. I always use app in phone or Ipad to browse movies and then start playback. After start I often use the remote in the app to move subtitles etc.

My home theather
My movies
binnerup
Posted: Friday, December 24, 2021 11:12:58 AM

erik_n wrote:

Thank you Brian! Adding the players in the new app solved the problem. I just assumed all settings were transferred from v. 3 and forgot to check this. Settings for trakt.tv seems to be transferred from v.3.

For me the function to start to play movies in my Dune media players is essential. With out this function My Movies would be useless to me. I never use the on screen function to browse my movies. I always use app in phone or Ipad to browse movies and then start playback. After start I often use the remote in the app to move subtitles etc.

Ok - makes sense - the Trakt.TV is an online setting so it is essentially configured on the servers - you just can't see that.

We are in V4 transferring settings between devices, but it does not include items that you need to connect to - we perhaps will include that in the future.

We know that this playback feature is essential for some of our customers, but we also have to accept that with less than 1% using it, it can be something we need to deprecate at some point, if if requires bigger changes.

savinolovergine
Posted: Sunday, December 26, 2021 7:40:09 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (4748)
One (little) thing that annoys me:
- I look the details of one movie. I click on one actor. It shows his bio, then his movies in my collection, then his movies not in my collection. That's OK, that's fine, that's useful.
- I look the details of one movie. I click on one director. It shows his bio, then his movies in my collection, then his "movies as an actor" not in my collection. That's not OK. If I click on a director, I want to see also the movies he directed. This second list should use all the roles (as an actor, as a director, as a writer, etc).
Thanks.