Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Import actors from IMDB Options · View
pierre richard
Posted: Friday, December 31, 2021 9:39:08 PM
Groups: Member

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (61198)
I have windows 7 64 SP1
I have a problem to import the actors from IMDB for a new movie
When I click IMDB, the IMDb tt number appears with the message Search Tittle Exception: Could not load data from URL ...
If I replace the tt number by the title of the movie,the title appears but when I click the movie there are no actors
I have two computer and I have the same problem

Last time Binerupp gave a DLL to correct the problem

It's a big problem when I have a lot of new DVD to register

Thanks
fdavis71
Posted: Saturday, January 1, 2022 7:34:19 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (3832)
I'm running Windows 7 64-bit as well and using the DLL posted here. No issues last I checked. Tested just now for good measure. Imported by IMDb ID and by Title. Again, no issues.

My DVD/Blu-ray Collection
Home Theater Gallery
pierre richard
Posted: Sunday, January 2, 2022 7:42:45 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (61198)
I try to reinstall dll without success
mbarnstijn
Posted: Sunday, January 2, 2022 11:41:43 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (117868)
@pierre richard,

Did you download the new DLL as a ZIP file from the Forum post link provided by @fdavis71 in his post above yours? Here is that same link, from @fdavis71's post, expanded so you can see it more clearly: https://www.mymovies.dk/forum.aspx?g=posts&t=46641

You will have to read down to the bottom of the forum postings there, to see @binnerup give a download link for a ZIP file.

Be careful with that DLL, after you download it, unzip it, and put it in the right place, you must right click on the DLL and UNBLOCK it if it has been blocked, as described in that set of forum posts.

Cheers,

--michael
fdavis71
Posted: Monday, January 3, 2022 2:55:58 AM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (3832)
pierre richard wrote:
I try to reinstall dll without success

There is no installation per se. Just replace your current "C:\ProgramData\My Movies\DataProviders\IMDB.com.NET2.0.dll" file with the latest one provided in the forum post I referenced. Once the file is in place I'd exit out of the My Movies Collection Management application and My Movies Tray Application for good measure, then restarting My Movies. You should be good to go at that point. I don't use the latest version of My Movies, but did install the latest version last night on one of my test rigs. I had no issues when performing IMDb imports using the latest DLL so. Good luck.

My DVD/Blu-ray Collection
Home Theater Gallery
pierre richard
Posted: Monday, January 3, 2022 6:57:35 PM

I replace the dll
Now when I try to import the actors no movies appears and the square provider is empty and grey
mbarnstijn
Posted: Monday, January 3, 2022 8:50:09 PM

Rank based on contribution points and purchased points. Click to see details. (117868)
Did you check for UNBLOCK and set it?

See the attached image of the DLL properties, showing with arrows and circles in RED what you must click on to make it happen. Pay no attention to the folder this file was in (Z:\Downloads\MyMovies), this image is for demonstration purposes only.

--michael

mbarnstijn attached the following image(s):
unblock.jpg

pierre richard
Posted: Monday, January 3, 2022 9:11:57 PM

I Unlock ther DLL
Now thw title appears but whwn I click the title the file is empty